cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output preview button needed in VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my customer would like to have a print preview in VF01 before the invoice is saved — just the same as the button "Header output preview" available in standard VA01.

Anyone here who has an idea why the function exists for the sales order, but not for the invoice? And is it realistic to implement the same in VF01?

I know the pro-forma invoice workaround, but that still causes extra work...

Many thanks in advance for any helpful hints!

Best regards

Elmar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elmar,

This is technically not supported as the result could be an output of the invoice containing information never present in the billing document, nor in the change log.

Best regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

thanks, that's a good point!

However, would you see a chance to bypass this (sensible) limitation...?

Best regards,

Elmar

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

This functionality is not supported for Billing document as many elements of billing documents and other master data reference will be done only after save.

For example, there are many details in billing document referred from Sales order, from Customer master etc. These cross references are established and updated in billing document only after save and cannot be simulated.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you and your customer considered using a proforma invoice instead?

BR

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain what is you client requirement.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Elmar,

This is technically/functionally not possible because VF01 is to create the billing document and you cannot see the print preview without creating the billing document.

You can see the print preview in VF02 and VF03.

i.e., Go to Billing Document --> Issue output to

(Shortcut press ALT tab and press U)

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I know that it is not possible yet. I hoped that this was clear from my original question. My question is how it can be made possible.

BR Elmar