Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop detected:Attribute MX_MANAGER

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have recently faced this issue when trying to modify the attribute MX_MANAGER.

I have tried to delete, replace but I am still getting an error message: Loop detected:Attribute MX_MANAGER when storing attribute MX_MANAGER=mskey.

Any idea what could be wrong? It's just happening with one user.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ridouan,

I agree with Norman.  Can you please post some more specific information?  Also as usual, what version and SP level?

Thanks,

Matt

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ridouan,

maybe you have a loop of references there - as the error message indicates

Can you make sure the manager you want to set does not have a manager that is subordinate of the current person or some manager of the manager or the manager of the manager of the manager .... is not subordinate of the current person?

Regards

Norman

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

There 's no loop, that's why I am asking the question If someone has faced this issue before.

I am facing this issues with just 1 user, tried to assign different managers but I am getting the same error message each time.

#Matt,

I am on IdM 7.2 SP8, I wish I could give you more specific information but I am just trying to assign a manager to a user. The manager has no relation to the user in any ways. It's just happening to 1 user and doesn't matter which manager you assign to it. I think something is not removed properly from some link tables but I am still analyzing the issue.

Regards,

Ridouan

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ridouan,

maybe the loop detection logic does consider already deleted links (link state 2). Can you check for the deleted links of the user on that attribute?

Regards

Norman

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

There is no entry in mxi_link for this user for the particular attribute.

I will set the trace and see what 's happening.

Many thanks!.

Regards,

Ridouan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ridouan,

I'm wondering if it's not something database specific.

Can you go to your database and run the following:

select * from idmv_value_link where mcthismskeyvalue='XXXXX' and mcothermskeyvalue='YYYYY'

where XXXXX is the user's MSKEYVALUE and YYYYY is the manager's MSKEYVALUE

you can also do something like

select * from idmv_value_link where mcthismskeyvalue='XXXXX'

To see all of the user's links.  That might point to something also.

Hope this helps shed some light!

Matt