cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make a storage location as reserved in Inventory for projects only.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my current client, we are procuring against requirements from different sections i.e. projects, engineering,offshore etc. and we are keeping all these stocks after receipt to an Inventory and charging respective departmental cost objects like WBS in case of projects and cost center for engineering.Then, from Inventory the goods are issued to individual departments for consumption. (It is as per the system design that material comes to inventory first not under project stock)

But ,in this way we losing track of material records(requirements) for individual deptt. within inventory. And, we are more specific about project stock in inventory.

As a workaround,I was thinking that Can we have a reserved storage location in Inventory as "SL for projects" so that the project related material become liable to be kept in that SL only and this store keeping deptt. of projects only is responsible for receipt of total and exact quantity of material in this storage location and only they can issue materials out of this SL on approval from projects deptt.

Kindly suggest if it can be implemented.  I am not aware of any std. configuration on it, if you can suggest your way to implement it,please suggest.

Thanks!

NOTE: Posting the same in MM forum also, will share imp. points here itself.

With Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage location is identified as physical location for stocking of material. Basing on the need WM team will define the different storage locations to keep stock of them. As you said, you do not have a specific storage location and every thing is posted in one SL. This might be designed as per your business needs.

In case you find there is a need to maintain separte for each department wise under separate SL, then you need to maintain as you needed.

At this level also you can keep track of material by choosing purchaisng group also. Let you MM & WM review the entire requirements and redesign the SL process to have multiple SLs.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is specific to project stock only. I am concerend about material being received for project should come to project storage location only and this SL should be default during GRN for projects. And after receiving this stock in projects SL, this stock should be laible for use in project related  work only that means only project stock keeping deptt. should have authorization for stock movement from this SL on approval from project deptt.

We are ongoing discussion on it, I am thoughtful about the lanscaping of this scenario in SAP..

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Waiting for your responses in it friends.

Thanks & Regards