cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client specific control parameter - test tool error - data population on table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i am configuring a demo system for track & trace using Auto ID Test tool. I have few doubts and it will great if someone can clear my confusion.

1. In this scnario i am using AII as local instance and OER as centra. So while defining client specific control parameter i should use 'L' or 'C' for "GEN_INS_TYPE". If i put 'L' in path Basic settings - Define client specific control Parameter then it automatically change the value 'C' to 'L' in Auto ID Infrastructure ->Setting for Object Event Repository -> Define Client specific control parameter. I want to Know what value i need to put? L or C

2. My second issue is

I am able to post PLM message through test tool and got message as message sent successfully but while checking in /AIN/DM_OBJ_CTX table no observation data available. Can you tell me is it because of wrong configuration or some technical error

3. My third issue is i have created two business partner of type organization with respective company prefix and product.

One first one is company prefix 890601839 and GTIN 08906018390015

Second one is company prefix 0037000 and GTIN 0037000111115

problem i am facing is in test tool tag generation for first product no issue i.e. i am able to generate no but if i select second GTIN then no product value populated or vice versa and program terminated get erroe message as in picture. I want to know why getting error for one not for second

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. in your scenario GEN_INST_TYPE is L for AII system and C for OER system.

2. check in SLG1 log if the rule is triggered without any issues. and also what Encoding Type are you using to commission the tags and which Rule did you configure..?

3. did you assign the GTIN to the product (Check in transaction /AIN/Product  ) if everything looks good then check this OSS Note if this is applicable for your system

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1832536 - test tool: F4 help for GTIN ends up in a dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Vinodkrishna,

Sorry for delay in replaying

In question 2 i am using encoding type SGTIN-96, ID type EPC 1.03, Rules i tried with ZTAGCOM and ZTAGCOM_AA

Question 3 resolved, i did not entered unit of measire while defining product so was getting that error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

for questing 2, check in SLG1 if you have any error logs.. (if there is no log, then we need to activate logging in SPRO under conditions)....

if you don't have any printer integrations then in the rule ZTAGCOM_AA, de-activate the activity TAG_COMMISSION_DEV, if there is no printer assigned it will not process further, so for testing we can just remove or deactivate the specific one and continue.

Answers (0)