Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Greetings for the day.

We are installing SAP ERP6 EHP6 IDES on windows server 2003 and using 70SWPM10SP02_4-20009707 SWPM to install same.

When I was trying to  execute sapinst.exe  following message appeared.

Oct 9, 2013 1:24:44 PM [Info]: "C:\DOCUME~1\Administrator.MBDC3\Local Settings\Temp\sapinst_exe.4648.1381310638\jre/bin/java" -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -cp "C:\DOCUME~1\Administrator.MBDC3\Local Settings\Temp\sapinst_exe.4648.1381310638\jar\instgui.jar" SDTGui host=localhost port=21212 service=SAPinstService -noauth

Oct 9, 2013 1:24:44 PM [Error]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Executable name has embedded quote, split the arguments

Oct 9, 2013 1:24:44 PM [Error]: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Executable name has embedded quote, split the arguments

Oct 9, 2013 1:24:44 PM [Error]: GUI start failed.

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host mbdc3, port 21212 to continue with the installation

We are not able to proceed with installation. Below is the Java version detail.

java version "1.6.0_35"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_35-b10)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.10-b01, mixed mode)

Any help is appreciated. Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you try setting your env variable TEMP or TMP to some path that doesn't contain spaces.
Maybe create C:\temp and set the TEMP environment variable to that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6 IDES is supported on Windows Server 2003? Please check PAM for this info. About java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: please check java version provided with swpm tool and provide results here.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pramod,

Error is shown above, Port 21212 is not free, I hope, another process is using this port, Please find and kill process and try again.

did you try with J2SDK 1_4_2 if not then please try with it and use the SIDadm user for installation.

Regards,

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like problem with JAVA version. Could you please unset JAVA_HOME variable and again execute SWPM ? (SWPM uses it's own SAPJVM)

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for replying,

I have unset JAVA_HOME parameter and restarted server also but still facing an same issue.

Thanks,

Pramod

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just checked that you are trying to install EHP6 IDES on window 2003. But EHP6 is not supported on window 2003.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I was facing the same problem and I just unset SAPINST_JRE_HOME and it works out.

I followed Sunny's idea.

I don't know if you already fixed it but here is the solution I have found.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pramod

I was stacked in same problem and not able to continue to migrate JDK to SAPJVM. I have unset the SAPINST_JRE_HOME variable and its works out for me to continue the migration.

Regards