cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use SUP and webservices without Netweaver Gateway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have Web-services built in our ERP system. They are not  in Netweaver Gateway system.

Is there a way that I could call these Web-services through SUP? If so, can you please tell me how?

Thanks & Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for the fast answers.

Actually, we are interested on using SUP as proxy, in an online scenario. So, we would like to create a connection from the mobile device to an ERP backend through the SUP but without using NetWeaver Gateway. Can SUP be used only in combination with Gateway and OData in such a scenario? Or is it possible to directly use the web services that we have?

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can very much consume the web service from the device and also you make use of SUP as a proxy, while developing the webserivce ensure you have a base URL, and in SUP you can mention it as an application end point, by using APIs provided by SUPLite libs, you can make REST calls to SUP for registration onboarding process and you can fetch the application and point and you can consume it from the device.

Though you can consume the service directly, whereas it is recomended to have relay server also.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If you simply want to connect on-line from device to ERP system then you could just create MBO's based on RFC's as SUP supports this protocol for communication as well.  This way you don't need to worry about the extra web service layer as you are essentially removing that from the architecture.

However, having said that, I would personally stick with the web service approach as it is a more standard and open layer which could be re-used elsewhere within your organisation - you may use a GetPurchaseOrderList web service in a mobile app via SUP and you may also use it in a Portal app and in a standalone web app for instance.

For either of the above, you don't need Gateway (which enables the OData protocol) and can just work with ERP <-> SUP <-> MobileDevice (plus probably a Relay Server as Srinivas has mentioned.)

The other thing to think about is that you could achieve an even more simple ERP <-> MobileDevice architecture without the use of SUP by just building apps that connect direct to your ERP system consuming SOAP or REST type web services.  For this, you don't need SUP or Gateway.

So maybe the question is actually what are you hoping to do, and why do you believe SUP is the answer?

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Nice input..

We have configured netweaver gateway SERVER and created OData.

We created a project based on java script ad html5.

When we do web security disable for chrome it is working fine.

Now we have smp 2.3 and afaria , web server ( reverse proxy/web dispacher)

architecture is

internet--> webserver(webdispacher/reverse proxy)-->netweaver gatewat

still we are facing cross origin null not allowed error

Can u give us any way, how to make out java script application work on mobile. without cross origin error?

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can consume the web service from the device by SUP as a proxy without using Netweaver Gateway.In SCC you can mention backend URL as an application end point by "whitelisting" it .

You can make REST calls through SUP for onboarding and request/response.

I hope my understanding of your query is correct

Regards,

Shreya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, you can very much use web services in SUP.  You can create MBO's based on WSDL defined web services simply by importing them as part of the MBO creation process.  I'd suggest you search on here and also on the Sybase documentation site for lots of useful information, blogs, guides and examples on how to do this as it is a pretty "standard" feature of the SUP platform.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

you can very much make use of the webservice in SUP, what you have to do is convert your schemas/wsdl into an xslt and the create a connection and you can create MBOs out of that

Hope that answer's your question.

Regards,

Srinivas Divakarla