cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling from Safety Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The safety stock has been dynamically calculated and is showing as 60UNI in the material master and the stock available is 12 UNI.

Can I sell from safety stock.

Even though there is stock I am not able to sell the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

In the availability check setup for sales order in configuration, include safety stock box is checked (OVZ9 Tcode). Also in Tcodes OPPZ and OMI1 i think against plant and MRP group settings the safety stock percentage can be determined.

Regards,

Sharan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207541
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change the safety stock level in MRP2 for your material, or you could change the availability check settings in OVZ9. There can be a long discussion on this subject but you can find interesting threads on it on scn, just search.

Regards,

H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have checked before posting this thread in OVZ9 but the stock is showing as 12 and the safety stock as -48 and Exception Msg 96.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I sell from safety stock

No I dont think, system will allow you to do PGI from safety stock.  Whatever quantity you want to PGI, to that extent, safety stock should be reduced. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi Sir,

I have checked the same and the problem is being encountered in Sales Order i.e. the confirmed quantity is showing as zero.

Is this because of -ve safety stock or to put it otherwise is it because of the current stock being below safety stock level.

Please could you kindly clarify??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please could anyone clarify whether system will confirm the ordered quantity if the current stock level is below safety stock level.

Eg- If safety stock is set to 100 and the current stock is 10 and the order quantity is 5-Will the system confirm the sales order quantity.

Please clarify??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could anyone clarify whether system will confirm the ordered quantity if the current stock level is below safety stock level

Did you try on your own before raising this query.  If so, what was the outcome ? 

G. Lakshmipathi