cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport data source from standalone BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

we have a standalone BW system BW1 without connection to any other BW system, and performed some developments on it  , which is relevant to datasource for source system ECC1. now we want to transport this development into another BW2 system , which attach to different source system ECC2.  So for change request in BW1, if I want to transport them into BW2, do I need to do some change for those developed datasource in the change request?

such as if I need manually change the source system of that data source in the change request or do some other reconnecting change?

Many Thank,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to can maintain conversion of source system names after transport.

RSA1 > Transport Connection > Conversion : conversion of source system names after transport.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ashish,

is there any way to change the source system for a data source in the request?

Many Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what the configuration above does.  Your configuration should map logical system ECC1 to ECC2 and logical system BW1 to BW2.  Then, during the time of import, all necessary changes will be done automatically.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check this SAP note

Note 883745 - Transporting export-dataSources

Regards

RB