SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a delivery for stock transport order with GTM and TEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is about GTM but i didn't found any specific discussion group about Global Trade Management

With WB21 we have created a trading contract for stock transport order (cross-company)

After that with TEW we didn't found the way to create the outbound delivery for the stock transport purchase order 

(We were able to create the good receipt with TEW and now, of course, we get a negative stock in transit (MB5T))

Do you know the way to create an outbound delivery in shipping plant for stock transport purchase order with TEW   .? (what is the task (group/step/mode/previous) to use in TEW)

Thanks for Help

6 REPLIES 6

peter_langner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvie,

standard SAP GTM does not support stock transfer orders. You have to use the existing BADIs to program your own solution (Custom development). Depending on your GTM environment this can be quite complex.

The questions are:

• Do you use association (position managemet)?
  • Do you have batches?
  • Does the material change?
  • Does the quantity unit changes?

Regard,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help

Yes  : we use association and batches (the material and unit quantity doesn't change)

With Business Extension "ISR_GLT_COMMODITY_4", it is now possible to create stock transport order with GTM. So if creation of STO is now avalaible in GTM, it should be possible via TEW  to :

- ship the goods in the company who ship ---> outbound delivery --> it gives stock in transit

- receive the goods in the receiving company ---> stock in transit = 0 after that

Regard

Sylvie

0 Kudos

Hi Sylvie,

thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear, that SAP finaly provides this as part of the standard. It's part of EHP5, isn't it? Have you already tried it out? Was it easy to customize? Is it working well?

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes it is part of EHP5.

I haven't done any special customizing  ; I used trading contract type 1001 " TC Stock Transport Order (Purchase)" delivered by (with EHP5) ---> A purchase order NB is generated and STO is detected in the same way as in standard flow (plant associated to a vendor number in MKxx and Customer number associated to a sales organization in customizing)

However in TEW, SAP doesn't offer any way to create the outbound delivery for the STO ; I think that if we are able to create a STO for trading contract, we should be able to follow the flow in TEW (I have open a message in OSS and I am waiting for SAP answer)

Here is the documentation in SAP help " Stock Transport Order in the Trading Contract : This function enables you to enter stock transport orders in addition to standard purchase orders within the framework of trading contract processing. The system supports intra-company-codes as well as cross-company-code stock transport orders.

You may need to process goods movements in other ways than the standard goods issue/goods receipt process. It may be necessary to use internal stock transfers between your plants".  ---> I think that is not a good way to work and I hope SAP will offer sometihing better

Regards

Sylvie

0 Kudos

Hi Sylvie

I have also a requirement from the business to be able to use STO in GTM. Did you receive any answer from SAP on your question regarding creating an outbound delivery for the STO?

Regards

Bent

0 Kudos

Hi Bent,

One way would be to create a Shadow TC for the STO (PO) and process the STO using standard transactions, disabling TEW using badi's.

Regards

Kapl