cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performence Issue on SAP Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would require your suggestion on below issue, please help me.

Due to heavy load on Prod(CI) we have installed one DI to reduce load on CI and configured logon groups but still performance or load of the CI is remain same and DI is not much loaded.

Here my doubt is, To increase CI performance what are steps do i need to take? Please advise me.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That very much depends on what the performance problem is. If your problem is database related, for example, adding a dialog instance won't help much. What does ST03 say about where the performance issues are?

If the problem is CPU related, then try configuring the logon group to push more load towards the DI. Add a low maximum number of users or a maximum load for the CI, for example. We have done exactly that on previous hardware configurations pretty successfully.

As for increasing CI performance, there are many ways to do that. Add CPU. Add memory. Buy a whole new machine. Use faster disk. It all depends on exactly what the problem is, and that's hard to diagnose from here. I would consider getting a consultant experienced in performance tuning to look at the system and advise you.

That said, if you can post more detail of the performance issues you're having we may be able to make suggestions here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Yes we have configured logon groups at end users side, they login from logon group.

is there anything do i need to check?

Thanks,

Venkat

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here my doubt is, To increase CI performance what are steps do i need to take?

You need to understand what the problem is and only then you can implement a solution.

If you shout about performance issues nobody is going to provide you the perfect solution.

You need to provide more details about the issue.

If the problem is with the utilization of CI and AS then you should try removing the CI from the logon group and see whether logon group works with the AS.

Regards

RB

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Kindly refer the SCN link http://scn.sap.com/thread/958133

http://www.wilsonmar.com/sap_perf.htm

Thanks

Sriram

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Creating Logon Groups will not really help you in distributing the load. You need to advice the users to use the logon group instead of using the IP address and system number.

I would configure the logon group with just the AS

Regards

RB

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venket,

Have you configured the SAP Logon group?

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are your users logging directly to CI ? If yes, please use logon groups in SAP Logon Pad so that load will be distributed on CI & DI.

Also, Are users login via SAP GUI or portal ?

Thanks,

Sunny