cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM - Item Category, Transaction type, Item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure a sales order in SAP CRM. Right now, I am in the point of defining the item category, transaction type, ...

1) My first thinking is that in the Product you have to define only the item category group, right? (I do not see any field in the product for the transaction type and Item category)

2) After that, I think I have to defined the item category, transaction type and item category determination, .... right?

But I do not know the secuence of defining such parameters and which parameters I have to define.

Can anyone explain to me how I can define this parameters? I have been trying to look for this information but it is a little confusing.

I can see in SAP CRM that there is a place for them:

Customer Relationship Management > Transactions > Basic Settings > Define Transaction types, .......

But I do not know which ones I have to define.

Thanks a lot,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

1. You are correct.  You have to maintain only Item Category Group in product master.

2. You are correct.  You have to define Transaction type, Item Category and Item Category Determination.

To clear your confusion, please follow the below steps.

1. In product master(transaction: commpr01), maintain the item category group.

2. Customer Relationship Management > Transactions > Basic Settings > Define Transaction types.

Select the standard sales order transaction type 'TA', copy it and make a ztransaction type.

3. Customer Relationship Management > Transactions > Basic Settings >Define Item Categories

Select the standard item category for sales item 'TAN', copy it and make a zitem category. (you can define your required item categories as per your business scenario. for example, free goods).

4. Customer Relationship Management > Transactions > Basic Settings >Define Item Category Determination

Select the standard item category determination for sales order(TA) with item category TAN, copy it and replace the standard ids TA, TAN with the ztransaction type id and zitem category id and make sure that the item category group should be the same one which you maintained in product master in first step.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Maddy,

I have done the steps that you told me.

After that I go to SAP CRM and try to create a Sales Order but when I insert the product (with my new Item Category Group) in the Sales Items I get the following error:

"Item 10: No item category could be determined"

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this error?

(in the Item Category Determination I have assigned the item category, trans type and item category group correctly)

Thanks

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Can you find any details under details link in the error?

Please paste the screenshots of the settings you have done for my understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what I did is to "copy as .." a schema determination, item category and so on that is working already in the system.

This is what I did:

1.- Define Transaction type (copy the one that is working and name it as ZPVC). Also it was copied the Assignement of Business Transaction Category.

2.- Define Item Category (copy the ones that is already working and name it as ZRCP). Also it was copied the Assignment of Bussiness Transaction Category.

3.- Define Item Category Group (copy as ZRRP the one that is already working)

4.- Define Item Category Determination (copy as ZPVC the one that is already working)

5.- Finally, within Customer Relationship Management > Industry-Specific Solutions > Telecommunications > Settings for Telecommunications Transactions > Define Settings for Document Distribution

what i did is create a new schema Determination (copy the one that is already working)

This is the error i get when selecting the product in the sales order:

Item 10: No item category could be determined

Diagnosis

No matching item category could be created for the item.

Unless the item category is determined,  determination of the following items may not work properly :

Text procedure

Partner procedure

Status profile

Org. data profile

Date profile

Action profile

Obj. reference profile

Procedure

If necessary, check the item category assignment for the relevant document type, and describe it.

Do you know if I missed something?

Thanks a lot,

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Would you please remove the main item category(zrcp) in your item category determination and test it.

ZPVC + Provider Rate Plan + ____ + _____ = ZRCP 

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

i removed the main item category but still i get the same error:

Any idea why is happening?

thanks,

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the item category group 'Provider Rate Plan' in product master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I selected the new item category group that I created for my test (ZRRP)

this is what you mean, right?

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the Item Cat. Group in SAP Basic Data tab in the Product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no Item Cat. Group in SAP Basic Data tab. I can not see anything there related with Item Cat. Group.

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the sales area in product master?  Please check for item category group after maintaining the sales area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Maddy,

I changed what you said in product master (sales and distribution tab) but still the sale error:

did i miss something?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to find out action profile name without knowing transaction type

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will make your life easier by following SAP Best Practice Building Blocks. see link: http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/CRM_701_XX/Html/index.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

thanks for your responses, still i am getting the error.

my I saw something strange, checking the sap management console, the Java instance is in yellow status with jstart.exe process stopped.

It is strange because I can log into SAP CRM and also in crm_ui.

Does anyone knows if this (jstart.exe stopped) could cause that I can not configure an item category determination? maybe the changes are not uploaded correctly if java part is not correctly working. I am not a sap expert so i do not know.

Thanks a lot,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain product sales and distribution data  similar to one determined for the document header and maintain  item category group there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pratyush for your answer,

in which section are you refering to maintain this data? In the product? Where is the document header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In the transaction COMMPR01 for your product. Go to  'Sales and Distribution' tab, there you can maintain sales org specific data.This set of data also have item category group.

When you create the order there will be sales org determined for the header/item( organization assignment block) .The item category group will be picked from the product for the same sales org customization in COMMPR01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pratush, thanks for your help but still getting the error.

I added the item category group in product master (sales and distribution tab):

But when I try to create the sales order i still have the same error.

Did i miss something?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

For which sales  org and distribution channel did you add this data in COMMPR01 ?

The sales org and distribution channel in COMMPR01 should be same as the one being determined for you sales order.

You can put a breakpoint in Include LCRM_ORDERADM_I_OWF13 to find out what exactly is happening  while determining the item category.

Regards

Pratyush Ravi

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Make sure that org determination profile is determining org units properly in your transaction and assign the same org unit in product master sales area.

If still it does not work, you can put a breakpoint as suggested by Mr. Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked the organization and distribution channel in the product and also in the sales order and they are the same:

Sales Org. Unit: O2C_SHOP   O2C Shop 01

Sales Organization: O2C_SALES   O2C Sales Organization

Distribution Channel: O2   O2C Distribution Channel

Division: 02   O2C Division

Sales Office: O2C_COMPANY   SAP O2C Company

Sales Group: O2C_COMPANY   SAP O2C Company

LCRM_ORDERADM_I_OWF13 is a class? when i try to open it to put a break point it says that such object does not exist.

thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

This is a Basic Problem with a simple solution. Dont mess up with other things.

1. In the define item category determination.

2. First determine Item category with Transaction type, Item category group and Item category.

3. Second determine item category with Transaction type, Item category group, main item category, item category.

4. In the second step, the main Item category should be same as item category.

Example.

Transaction type - Item Cat Group - Main Item Cat - Item category

TA                    - NORM               -     -               - TAN

TA                    - NORM               -     TAN          - TAN

Define in the above sequence, you will not get the error.

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jose,

it is an include you can open in SE38.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

thanks for your answer, but I already tried this (Maddy already sugested it to me). I tried it but I am still getting the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

I the Customization of Tansaction you will not find any thing. Once you have done the steps explained by Mr Maddy, then Go to webui Sales pro, open the sales order then you will understand how to go. In general data you fill the basic requirement. There will a assignment block where you will assign products.

Still face any problem reply me.

Reward if it helps....

Regards,

Adharent.