cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consume WebService - Is an RFC Destination Obligatory

former_member215870
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure the consumsion of an external WebService. Nevertheless I am not able to configure this by using the wizard so I had to do this manually.

When I am saving my Logical Port and I am trying to use it into a test program I am getting an error that the HTTP Connection failed. I have tried to see what is going on with the HTTP Connection, but I can not see something into the SM59. My BASIS Team has said to mem that a RFC is not Need it if I have enter the endpoint of the WebService, but this seems to me a lit bit strange to be true.The question is that should I see something there? I think that the SOAMANAGER should build the RFC Destination for me according to the Settings that I am doing into the "Transport Settings" tab.

If I have to create the RFC Destination on my own, what should be the Name of the RFC Destination. I suppose that it should be on of the keys that I can see into the TABL "Administration Information" (Configuration or Binding Key).

Any help would be welcome.

Best Regards

Giorgos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Se crea un Destino RFC solo para consumir los servicios HTTPS.

Saludos.

former_member215870
Participant
0 Kudos

OK,

I have found the note 1825848, that descibe my Problem. After one release the HTTP Destination is not shown into the SM59, but it is build during the runtime.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giorgos,

I have tried to see what is going on Consume WebService - Is an RFC Destination Obligatorywith theConsume WebService - Is an RFC Destination Obligatory HTTP Connection, but I can not see something into the SM59.

If Logical port is created using Wizard in SOAMANAGER then system automatically creates a RFC destination with names like 4EF...... .

You can check the RFC destination created in Transport settings.

My BASIS Team has said to mem that a RFC is not Need it if I have enter the endpoint of the WebService, but this seems to me a lit bit strange to be true.

I guess basis team is talking about the Wizard method but as you creating it manually you have to create RFC destination manually.

If I have to create the RFC Destination on my own, what should be the Name of the RFC Destination.I suppose that it should be on of the keys that I can see into the TABL "Administration Information" (Configuration or Binding Key).

Naming convention is  a naming practice followed by projects to identify & categorize  the objects

in the project. Generally projects have Naming convention document. Consult your lead for  the same.

former_member215870
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jitendra,

thanks for the quick answer. Actually this that I knew about the SOAMANAGER is that is creating an HTTP Destination automatically. With the old Transaction I had to do it on my own. Nevertheless when I created my Logical Port with the SOAMANAGER I was not able to see where the HTTP Destination is. I Need to implement an HTTPS with Basic authentication. The Problem is that I have to pass the certificate (SSL) and username/Password. Into the HTTP Destination I can Import the SSL, but from the SOAMANAGER I can only choose SSL or Basic Authentication. Unfortunately the URL wizards is not working and I have to configure manualy the Consumer Service.

But My question still remains...should I see something into the SM59 as an HTTP Destination Type G? If I am not able to see the GUID key (4EF...) can I create on my own...and if yes, how can I correlate it with the entries of the SOAMANAGER..or if I will do it with the obsolete Transaction I should not use the SOAMANAGER at all?