Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Userbuffer reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know in which scenario user buffer will be rest, and what exactly happens when user buffer was reset.

Response for the above scenario will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

9 REPLIES 9

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vekatesh

Have you searched SCN and other areas for SAP User buffer, SU56, auth/new_buffering value to 4, PFUD, etc? There is a heap of SAP standard information out there on those topics.

For example: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1335295

When it does come back to "what is actually reset" - search for USRBF* tables to get some more information.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for the reply, i have faced one issue when i executed a tcode system says you are not authorized and check su53 it shows no errors and kept trace for the same it resulted RC=12 for the authorization object.

I checked respective role and profile and in profile full authorizatuion exists, i done google and reset the user buffer.

I would like to know the process behind this and where exactly i am missing.

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Until recently with improvements to SU53 I relied a lot more on ST01 trace. So error may not show in su53 but will in the trace. There's been a few posts on this in last couple of months

From a table point of view refreshing the user buffer is "rebuilding" the users entries for their buffer in the USRBF* tables. Some ways include running pfud, generating profile for the role, user logging in and out and also manual refresh buffer via su56. It copies the entries from the Ust*and usr* tables which relate to the user access. You will notice in in a system trace before each authority check the usrbf2 table is checked.

Have look to confirm user has the role with authorisations assigned. Check su56 to see what is in the buffer. If it's not reset buffer and check again. If still not, start re-checking user access and that role profile is generated properly

Take care with st01 - if you see rc=12 and it's an s_* object such as s_alv_layo it might be misleading

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

when ever user log in all its authorization stores in user buffer.

when authorization happens it looks in user buffer.

incase any role is assigned in pfcg user buffer does not get updated, you need to update user buffer.

Colleen has already explained some details as well.

best practise is always assign role to user not user to role so that UMR get updated and user buffer get updated.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Thank you very much for the info, but my issue is i have been using the user account since some duration but this issue came to existence in the middle as u said already the user buffer is created and and also i check the user buffer the authorization exists.

I am confused with issue and i am not able to find the root casue, need your suggestion in this regard.

Thanks ,

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

I am confused with issue and i am not able to find the root casue, need your suggestion in this regard.

It might be easier if you describe the issue the user is experience rather than just focus on user buffer

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Issue is user has been logged but no authorization to one tcode, checked the user buffer and profile had full authorization.

Experienced the above issue many times, up on googled tried resetting the buffer in SU56 now working fine.

I would like to know how exactly it works in background, and want to know the issue and where exactly i am missing.

Thanks,

Venakt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Apart from resetting the user buffer there are other things you need to look into:

1. Validity of the role assignment to the user?

2. Status of the Role i.e Generated(Green) or not Generated(Red) ?

3. User Master Comparison?

Regards,

Rama

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

What was the delay between the user reporting the issue and you checking the user buffer? did you look at change documents for the roles and user, etc to see if a difference?

Did the role for that profile just become valid (i.e. that day?). If so, you might have system to local time zone issues for when PFUD runs?

Had the role been recently generated to fix underlying issue or transport just imported?

It's hard to pinpoint the exact issue based on what you described as there are several triggers for updating of the user buffer. As mentioned, transport import, role generation, PFUD/User Compare, User Role Assignment changes, Role assignments becoming valid (then PFUD running), SU56 buffer refresh, use log-in to the system. Because of these scenarios (and more), the Level 1 Service Desk person typically tells the user to "log out of the system and back in for changes to take effect".

I'm not sure if you will get a precise answer to cover all scenarios for exact sequence on how user buffer refreshes work.

Regards

Colleen