Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet Component in Xcelsius

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to use alerts in Spreadsheet table component in Dashboard design 4.0. This changes the font color based on the condition. Is there any workaround to change the background color instead of font color?

Please share any solution (I need it asap ).

Thanks,

Sowrabha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I do Conditional Formatting for Spreadsheet Table Component using Custom Number Format in Excel.

You can change color dynamically

[red][<1] for example...

http://www.excel-easy.com/examples/custom-number-format.html    

*Of course drawback is you cannot change background color.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowrabha,

Even i had the same issue where i had a lot of columns and the user wanted the freeze pane functionality of Excel in Xcelsius.

I have done it using two spreadsheet components, the first column data is always fixed, ie i know that there wont be more than 15 rows in the first column and so i have fixed the first spreadsheet component for that column in the excel.

The second spreadsheet component is where i have mapped the key figures or the numerical data. For this spreadsheet i have adjusted the Table Scale so it will fit with the first spreadsheet and have allowed horizontal scroll bar, so that the user can scroll to see the rest of the columns.

If you do the proper formatting then it works in the expected way, but this approach worked for me since i convinced the user that i can only show the alerts using the arrows or icons in the spreadsheet.

Thanks & Regards,

Arjun.C.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sowrabha ,

Try using below Workaround.

Step 1 :

Go to Excel and enter Hexadecimal Color Pallets as per below image and also go through below link

(  Link for Hexadecimal Color Pallets code : http://dmcritchie.mvps.org/excel/colors.htm )

Step 2 :  Now add a  Grid Component and under properties >> appearance Tab >> Color Tab select

Background Color and bind it to any Excel Cell where we have entered the Color Pallets as shown below.

Final Output with Different Colors :

Regards

Jeetan Jagtap

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetan,

Thanks for the solution! The only reason why I am not going for grid is I do not want grid lines to appear for my requirement and there is no option to remove grid lines. Let me know if there is an option to remove grid lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowrabha ,

Go for Score card, In Alerts You have the option for Background Coloring.

In Alerts Thresholds Just tick near "To" .If you didn't find this Option then go for latest update SP 7

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowrabha,

You can use an alternate way to use alerts in Spreadsheet table component.

Please find attached (change the file extension to xlf).

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Could you please recheck the file it is showing me as corrupted.

Thanks&Regards,

Krishna.

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

How are you opening the file, first unzip it and then go inside the unzipped folder and rename the extension to .xlf.It will work.

Regards,

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

Could you please let us know your version of dashboards? Even am not able to open it. Am using Dashboards 4.0.

Thnx,

Meer@

former_member195290
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP Dashboards 4.0

version-6.0.5.0

Build- 14,0,6,1036

Regards,

Javed

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Javed for the file. I cannot open this as my version of dashboard is Xcelsius 2008 SP5 and I am able to complete my requirement using scorecard as suggested by Sara G and Durgamadhab Mishra. Thanks to you both as well! But the challenge I am facing currently is, since I have too many columns in scorecard I need to freeze some of the columns and the rest can be scrolled. Is there any solution to freeze columns in Scorecard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This functionality is not available yet. There is a idea place idea raised for this.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?idea_id=%7BEB9E2163-85E8-4FCB-BF60-E58F67093E1A%7D

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

This is bad Is there any workaround for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not something I am aware of. Others in the forum might have some idea.

Also you should not be throwing in a lot of column in scorecard anyway and this component as well as dashboard in general is designed for highly summarized data.

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, its not super elegant but it works.

You have to use two scorecards. One for the first column(s) you want to freeze and second for rest of the columns which can scroll. Align them side by side in a way that they appear as if one scorecard. But one limitation - if your data is more than the vertical height, vertical scrolling will de-align them. It will work if number of records within the scorecard is something for which you can adjust scorecard height to be able able to show all of them and add no vertical scrollbar.

Runali

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Runali,

Thanks for the solution. I can use this idea for my header but I cannot use this idea for first few columns of my scorecard as the height cannot be predetermined.

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Runali,

I am using one more scorecard component to display header. But, some blank rows are getting displayed along with header, inspite of checking ignore blank cells in rows. Am I missing something here?

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowrabha

You may have to reduce the height of the scorecard. Also, layer this behind th data-scorecard so that even if it show 1-2 rows it gets hidden. Hope this helps.

Runali

former_member213259
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to disable vertical scrollbar in scorecard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since Spreadsheet is a  selector  component. Instead Add a Grid and then you can add alert

http://myxcelsius.com/2011/06/28/xcelsius-2008-sp4-spreadsheet-alerts/

http://xcelsius2008.blogspot.nl/2009/07/simulate-excel-conditional-formatting.html

Regards,

NK

former_member184839
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowrabha,

You can instead go for Scorecard, which has the option to change the color dynamically using the Row color and alternating row color, map these to your formula/condition cells and you can see the BG color change

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spread sheet component is mainly used for bug fixing and testing purpose only and not designed as a display component. I completely agree with Sara to go with Scorecard component if you want to achieve this functionality.