cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store business document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configured Archive link property in services for object using OAC0,OAC2 and OAC3 transactions. We are getting store business document option enabled for that particular transaction code and are able to attach the documents to it. I have following queries:

1) I have created a content repository with document area as "Archive Link", Storage type as "SAP System database" and contents table as "SDOKCONT1".Is it the right way to create a content repository? If we attach a document using the above step will the document be saved in Content server rather than SAP data base itself?

2) Using above step, I am able to bring store business document only in the edit and display modes. Can I bring it at creation screen itself?

Regards,

Sibin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. By the current settings the attachments will get store in the sap database itself in the table sdokcont1.

2.you can only attach the documents using store business document option in only edit and display mode but not possible in create mode because for GOS to get the attachment stored it needs a unique id or number which is only possible in edit or display mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your clarification.

I tried below steps also:

Document Area: Archive link

Storage type: HTTP content server

HTTP script: ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

but i am getting the below error message:

HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error)

"CreateTab ContentStorage, connect error

SQLConnect failed, [SAP AG][SQLOD32 DLL][MaxDB]

Unable to

Can you please explain how to store a document into content server rather than SAP database server?

Regards,

Sibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to create repository in content server also in the same name that you were using in OAC0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you explain it in detail?

Is it using OAC0 or any other transaction code?

Regards,

Sibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are creating content repository with connection type http that means you are intend to store documents in external content server, so in order to do that you have to create another content repository in the content server .

ECC (T1) <--> Content server (T1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Our purpose is to store the documents directly to DMS(SAP Content server) instead of SAP database using store business documents. How to achieve this?

Regards,

Sibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As per point no 1 if it gets stored to SAP database table, then what is the difference between documents stored using

GOS-> Create-> Create attachment

and

GOS->Create-> Store business document

Regards,

Sibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

GOS-> Create-> Create attachment (By default it will store documents in sap tables)

GOS->Create-> Store business document (By using this functionality you can configure to store documents into an external storage area like Opentext server or any content server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So if I use document area as Archivelink and storage type as SAP system database, where these attachments will be stored?

Our purpose is to avoid loading documents to main server.

Do i need to use HTTP content server as storage type for this purpose?

If so how can i resolve the error i am getting while using HTTP server and port no?

Regards,

Sibin

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sibin Raj,

Set below parameters in your CSADMIN settings tab and uncheck signature .

Security=0

adminsecurity =1

driver=MaxDB

ask your technical consultant  for ODBC drivers are installed or not. 

If still facing problem let me know.

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Now i can attach documents after providing the driver details as mentioned by you. I have few more queries:

1) After attaching the document, I am not able to view the creator name in the attachment list but created on date is present.

2) Can we attach documents for various tcodes into a single content repository id(for eg: for ME52N, ME22N, XK02 can we use the same repository)

3) From where can i view all these attached documents apart from the attachment list available in GOS.

Regards,

Sibin

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. To get creator name and additional details see sap notes

(1560955  and 1451769)

2. Yes you can use the same content repository for different t codes.

3.  As far as i know apart from attachment list you cannot see the attachments

any where else in sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath & Chandu,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. I can attach documents now. Now i got a clear cut idea on GOS & Store business document.I am closing this thread.

Wishing you all the best

Regards,

Sibin

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and sibin,

How to find total attached documents on sap system  if content repository created with document area as archive link from OAC0 . Generally we can find from CV04N but with this scenario I didn't find out .For test scenario purpose created the same thing on my system

Thanks,

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use tcode OAAD.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Go to OAG1 transaction and check 'Save File Attributes' check box to get the attachments created by, created on date and time in attachments list.This settings saves all the file attributes while creating attachments from 'store business document' option