cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to go beyond 7 hours in my activity feed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think the problem is new and it might have been discussed already, sorry for the noise if so. Recently I haven't had time to check my activity feed as often as I would like to. I just tried 3 times to scroll down my activity feed beyond 7 hours without success. The loading progress indicator keeps moving but older entries are never displayed. 7 hours in my activity feed currently amounts to first scrolling as far as the activity feed is dynamically retrieved and then pressing 5 times "Load more items". No idea how many entries that is. My guess it's about 300.

Another observation I have made is that the more entries are displayed in the activity feed the slower it becomes to retrieve older entries. That might be also due to the amount of memory used by the browser increasing but to me it looks like the older entries are accessed the slower the database queries become. Is there a timeout on the database queries meaning if a query takes longer then X seconds, the query is killed and the UI is not made to reflect that meaning the progress indicator loops forever?

Improvement idea: instead of scrolling through the entire activity feed to reach point Y, it would be nice to specify a starting date/time that would be close to Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm able to get past the 1 day mark, albeit after clicking Load more items a few times.  The feed is a query so loading more stuff does cause more load.  Generally, I track things I don't want to miss in communications and just browse the activity feed for what's going on.

I do like you suggestion about starting at a different point on the activity feed rather than at the most recent. Facebook sort of does this but it also does some screening about what goes into that feed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The day I posted this was especially bad and I think there was even a unexpected shutdown that week if not the same evening. I did get past the 7 hour mark eventually but it caused me a lot of time. So I guess it's more a question of overall performance of the system which my suggestion would help overcome. I assume it's more a question if the Jive platform will be extended by the functionality so I suppose it's out of the SCN team's hands. Let's wait and see.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I was trying to remember if there was anything exceptional and there was that shutdown.  It happened off hours for me so I only saw the Tweets. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice...SAP has to take care for Improvement Idea which you had mentioned in the end .

Regards,

NK