cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus-

We are running two central SLDs on Solman 7.01 systems.

All landscapes sandbox system point to Solman Quality (QUA) Central SLD

All landscapes (dev, qua, prd) point to Solman Production (PRD) Central SLD

Ideally, I would like to only have to do one Maintenance Optimizer transaction every time we do upgrades, support packages, enhancement packages, etc.  PRD is the system to perform our Maintenance Optimizer transactions.  Here are the steps that should get us to this goal.

Configure these two systems so that their SLD data is pushed to the SLD in PRD.  Once all systems are in the PRD SLD, the LANDSCAPE_FETCH job should populate all systems in SMSY in PRD.

I tried to setup SLD bridge on QUA but Sandbox system did not populate into technical systems of PRD SLD.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

When you setup a bridge between SLD's it just means that updates to the first SLD are forwarded to the bridged SLD (at least that I've found). So the client systems need to be pushing updates (for ABAP through the process setup in RZ70) to the first SLD for them to make it to the second SLD.

I think you should see demo on below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0859d6a-1db3-2b10-07b2-8f71eca1b...

Hope that is helpful.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I follow this url for setting up SLD bridge, look at the last section (Setup SLD Bridging)

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Connect+Managed+Systems+to+SLD

I login into QUA, Add data supplier, provide the url of PRD, userid and password.

run the landscape fetch job, but don't see sandbox systems into PRD technical systems, botth ASJava and ASABAP

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Adil

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please push data of your sandbox ABAP system via tx. RZ70 into your QUA SLD and then check whether data is updated in PRD SLD or not?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny for your quick response, I did push by clicking the Execute button in RZ70 on QUA, also manually run this job SAP_SLD_DATA_COLLECT.

Still I can't see the sandbox systems in technical systems of PRD.

Thank you.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Your solution seems to be working and I can see the AS ABAP sandbox system into Technical system of PRD SLD.  We have some Java (pordual) and dual stack sandbox systems, and I don't see them in Technical system As Java?

Can you please let me know.

Thank you

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have fixed this, thru Visual Admin SLD_Data_Supplier. I manaully pushed the java sanbox systems and they appear in Tecnical System of PRD SLD.  Thanks everyone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you choose below option in QUA server to send data to PRD server via SLD Bridge ?

AdministrationData SuppliersAdd SLD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/da21ba13660aa5e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Thanks,

Sunny