cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP proxy with Multiple PI system and Single SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have introduces SAP PO in our landscape, but our ECC system is connected to one PI7.1 system(which we cant remove). Now our requirement is to do proxy configuration for certain interfaces in SAP PO.

I followed blog of Mr Sandro for same.

http://scn.sap.com/people/sandro.garofano2/blog/2009/09/02/connect-sap-application-system-to-multipl...

My questions are:

1) Will this configuration effect existing proxies of SAP PI7.1

2) If I do this configuration, where and how I can see both SAP PI (PI7.1 and SAP PO) ESR content in ECC.

3) Will there any additional configurations needs to be done for this kind of setup.

Please advice.

Thanks

Shivanjali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanjali,

From proxy framework setup point of view ECC system can be connected to only one PI system, meaning only one PI ESR meta data in ECC sproxy. But from interface point of view ECC system can connect to multiple PI systems via SXMB_ADMIN/ADM configuration.

In your landscape, since PI7.1 system is already hosting many live interfaces: one solution would be, you have to import SAP PO metadata (service interface, Message type and data type) into PI7.1 system so that it will reflect in ECC sproxy tcode for proxy development. using SXMB_ADMIN/ADM you can route the message to SAP PO

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your quick response.

So what I understood it there is no way other than importing SAP PO meta data to sap PI 7.1 system.... Am I right?

Thanks

Shivanjali

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanjali,

I just recollected that there is one more option using which you can build proxies using SE80 tcode in ECC. Export the service interface WSDL from SAP PO to your local file system and use this WSDL to build proxy using SE80. Using SXMB_ADMIN point to SAP PO system.

Refer link: http://www.sapdev.co.uk/sap-webapps/sap-webservices/ws_abapproxy.htm

In step2 load WSDL using local file system.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Praveen,

It's awesme..... God it ll really resolve my issue... So many thanks to you Praveen.

Regards

Shivanjali

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers

Please let us know the outcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure 🙂 I ll post it once completed.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanjali,

Please find the reply for your questions.

1) Will this configuration effect existing proxies of SAP PI7.1

No. This configuration is for Proxy run time.

2) If I do this configuration, where and how I can see both SAP PI (PI7.1 and SAP PO) ESR content in ECC.

You can only see one ESR in ECC at one time. you need the ESR (SPROXY) only to genrate or regenrate the proxy, typically for development env. So you need to switch sproxy connection between PI system in Dev as per your req.

at run time you can connect to both the PI boxes.

3) Will there any additional configurations needs to be done for this kind of setup.

No. all the configuration is given in the blog.

Regards,

Harish