cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superordinate means of transport on Transportation lane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to have your advice on this topic. I defined several Means of Transport containers and in order to avoid the maintenance of all those means of transports in the transportation lane master I tried to setup the Hierarchical relationships between means of transport.

It means that I defined one Mean of Transport named CNT (Container) which is the superodinate means of transport of the others CNT-01/CNT-02/CNT-03.

Then, on the transportation lane  I only assigned the mean of transport  CNT because in my opinion the others must be derived based on the Means of Transport Hierarchy.

But when I trigger the shipment proposal on a Freight Unit I can only see the Means of transport CNT and I cannot see the others (CNT-01/CNT-02/CNT-03) ....

Have you experience with Means of transport Hierarchy?

Thanks for your help and support!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in general the setup of your means of transport is okay and obviously the correct lane is found. The question is now for your proposal what type of resources do you have and what means of transport do they have attached?

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for your answer. Currently, I defined the following ressource to the means of transport :

Resource CONTAINER assigned to MoT CNT

Resource CONTAINER-01 assigned to MoT CNT-01

Resource CONTAINER-02 assigned to MoT CNT-01

Resource CONTAINER-03 assigned to MoT CNT-01

At what level should I assigned these resources to the superordinate means of transport (CNT) or to the others?

Thanks for feedback.

JP