SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CAR : Customer Activity Repository

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

I need your help in order to get information about SAP CAR. My questions are:

- Business Content queries, is it possible to use the pre-definied queries in production? or I have to create a new queries for any reason (ex performance, etc)

- Connection to legacy systems: is it possible to load, kept etc SAP CAR with Legacy system (for example if the customer doesnt have SAP ECC) ?

- Relation with POS DM

thanks a lot for all your help

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

Clarification for your 2nd and 3rd query:

• It is possible to integrate SAP CAR with your legacy system as it is designed to function with both receiving (inbound) and consuming (outbound) applications. This feature will allow you to integrate CAR with your legacy system to load the data.
  • As far as POS DM is concerned for CAR, it helps to collect the transactional data from multiple system having different database or different processes into a one server and after having proper validation and audit check using PIPE processing in POS DM you can transfer the transactional to a uniform new system for further analysis or reporting. There are features available to encrypt the payment card data for security reasons.

Do let me know if you need any further information on POS DM and its processing of transactional data.

SAP CAR detailed help is available in the given link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_car100/helpdata/en/c8/7c504220db4a82a41032a65cd0e85e/content.htm?framese...

I hope this will help to get start with it.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

I cannot answer your questions, but maybe you can find some answers here:

http://help.sap.com/car

Regards
Tobias

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

Clarification for your 2nd and 3rd query:

• It is possible to integrate SAP CAR with your legacy system as it is designed to function with both receiving (inbound) and consuming (outbound) applications. This feature will allow you to integrate CAR with your legacy system to load the data.
  • As far as POS DM is concerned for CAR, it helps to collect the transactional data from multiple system having different database or different processes into a one server and after having proper validation and audit check using PIPE processing in POS DM you can transfer the transactional to a uniform new system for further analysis or reporting. There are features available to encrypt the payment card data for security reasons.

Do let me know if you need any further information on POS DM and its processing of transactional data.

SAP CAR detailed help is available in the given link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_car100/helpdata/en/c8/7c504220db4a82a41032a65cd0e85e/content.htm?framese...

I hope this will help to get start with it.

Regards,

Amit