cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach PO smartform (pdf) to WF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have created a custom PO smartform (copied from standard one with some modifications). Please advise on how this pdf needs to be attached to the PO approvals & sent to the purchaser/ all PO approvers. We have a process controlled WF for PO & SC approvals. Please let us know how to attach the pdf to all the WF approvals (approve & reject events).

Thanks in advance.

BR, Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

The PO output is generated (in PDF) once it is approved by the approvers. There is no point in sending the PO PDF as attachment to the approvers as they can very well see every details of the PO/SC in the system.

If the approval is on some hand held device, we can pull the agreed information into e-mail to send to approver for approval.

For PDF conversion on e-mail check BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. I was not aware that the PO output is generated only once the PO is approved. Pls confirm that this is the standard. Also can you pls advise how the pdf is generated/ where it will be available for reference or download. I am familiar to the WF process, however not sure how the PO smartform fits into the SRM scenario. Please advise.

I believe for my requirement, a copy of PO (pdf) needs to be sent in case of rejection. Is this possible? I doubt it now. Please let me know if you have any inputs on this as well.

Appreicate your help!

Liz

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

The PO output in PDF can be taken once it is approved. Actually, as per standard process the shopping cart can not be converted into PO if it is not approved.

For generating the PO output you can setup the actions for document output in SPRO as shown below where you can place your Z custom smart form.

As mentioned earlier there will not be any PO if the SC is rejected and therefore there is no point of sending the PO output with the rejection.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for this information. I have a better understanding now.

I have one doubt - We are talking about a case where the SC is approved and a PO has been created.

So the PO output (pdf) is created once SC is approved or once PO is approved?

Our requirement is to send a copy of the PO if the PO is rejected (not SC). Pls advise.

TIA, liz

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Approved SC will trigger PO approval workflow, now it is upto the business to decide if they want PO approval workflow also after SC approval. Generally, customers go for zero step PO approval for already approved SCs. This creates PO immediately once the SC is approved though technically the PO is created after SC and PO approval. So please discuss accordingly with the business.

If the business go for PO approval workflow then PO can only be created if PO workflow is approved and therefore you can not generate PO for rejected workflows.

Please ask business what business benefits they want to realize by attaching rejected PO for the PO workflow which is already rejected. If it is only the notification then you can pull the different information on it from the PO which is rejected.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)