cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit maxdb backuphistory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

in the backuphistory of our productive FI / CO System  one archived log is missing. There is no line for it in dbm.cfg nor wil you one in dbm.knl.Is it possible to add such an data set somehow? We can't recover our productive FI/ CO System untile the next succesfull full backup

at least. I think the editor is not the tool to manage this. Maybe one can trigger it with dbmcli or sqlcli.

Best regards  Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

You should not modify the dbm.knl file manually.

If I understood your question right - You run a log backup using the database tools and it finished succesfully. You archived it to other location - but you do not see the entrie for that log backup in the dbm.knl (backup history log file) - RIGHT ?

Why is the entry for log backup missing in dbm.knl file ? Did you have a file system full in the database RUNDIRECTORY at the time of this log backup ?

Please attach the dbm.knl file and the dbm.prt file to this thread ? Let me know the label of the log backup entry that was missing.

Were you able to see the missing log backup in the output of dbm command "backup_history_list" ?

Regards, Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwanth,

<If I understood your question right - You run a log backup using the database tools and it finished <succesfully. You archived it to other location - but you do not see the entrie for that log backup in <the <dbm.knl (backup history log file) - RIGHT ?

Sorry but you did'nt get me right. The log backup (triggered by an external tool Tivoli) worked fine, until for some reason in both file's the backup history consist's of there was no entry for log . Since then every log backup failes, because maxbd find's  *2775.LOG in the directory recognises it's

a stagefile but does not find it in backup history. I've copied the file to a temp directory an the log backup work's again. But we would not be able to rerstore to a point of time between last full and the

log *2775.LOG.

<Why is the entry for log backup missing in dbm.knl file ? Did you have a file system full in the <database RUNDIRECTORY at the time of this log backup ?

No. The Log backup fail at different times.

<Please attach the dbm.knl file and the dbm.prt file to this thread ? Let me know the label of the log <backup entry that was missing.

I've attached a part of the files (in the dbm.mdf there is an entry for the file)

<Were you able to see the missing log backup in the output of dbm command <"backup_history_list" ?

No i just tried and i see backups from 2011?? But i do not! see it in history of Database Manager.

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwant,

i rechecked things. A fullbackup ended at

Timestamp: 20131007071116 State: Success

and the logfile was written at 201310070711??

more or less at the same time.

Maybe one of the rare cases when the scn of MAXDB is not fine grained enough ??

Best Regards Bernd

0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

Sorry for the late reply.

I need to login to the system to analyze the issue. If you are a SAP customer  please create a CSS ticket and open a R/3 support connection to the problematic system

Regards, Yashwanth