Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: USES Non-existing component

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To brief about the situation, we are trying to import development components from a track. We are able import configuration, build DC locally but we are facing this issue when we are activating our changes.

INVALID dependency is declared

DC '<Using DC name>' in SC '<software_comp_name' USES Non-existing DC '<used dc name>' [public-part: ?] AS Build-Time Dependency  [validity: USED COMPONENT OR PUBLIC PART IS UNKNOWN OR UNDEFINED]

However, DC exists in the configuration and usage is define. We tried removing the used DC and adding it back to SC, but that did not solve the issue.

We looked at buildspaces analyzing the issue, and realized that SC in CBS does not have this used DC in the list. Also, we found different names for used DC's in CBS which are different from those in inactive version of configuration in track. We have taken over this development from another team with out any related documentation, and we are clue less what the activities of previous developer contain. There is a huge list of activities on the pending activities list.

Help us with a approach. Can this be a possible alternative, "import the software component onto a new track so that we get rid of the previous developer's activities?

Br,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error comes if the SC (in which the given DC resides that is missing) has not been imported into the development and consolidation buildspaces.

If you send me concrete error message without hiding the DC name and SC name, then I can hopefully tell you what to check in CMS and CBS.

See also

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28NWDI%29%28CBS%29+the+CBS-make+log+and-or+CBS+Web+UI+...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

ashish_sachdeva
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your response , I managed to solve this problem by importing Local development done previously and Creating a New Track for this development .

Thanks for your Help , documents are really helpful for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Sachdeva

Answers (0)