cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PCN (posting change notices)

0 Kudos

Hello.

I have one question about PCM (posting change notices).

The problem is that the notices constantly appears in the system.

I know, that I can remove these notices via LU02 transaction, but it takes a lot of time.

Also I know, that I can create a macros for more faster removing the PCM's.

But how can I adjust (configure) the SAP so that these notices just do not appear every time I use the 321 movement time.

Every time when I make this movement, there are more and more notices.

Is there any way to disable their appearance permanently?

Here is a capture from my SAP:

As you can see, there are 137 opened notices now.

But some days before there were about 2500 open notices.

I had to close them manually, which took me almost a whole day time.

Yesterday there was a zero, now it is 137 new notices 😞

Could you please explain me "step by step", how I can turn off (disable) the PCM appearing in future.

Thank You in advance!

Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe you are using customized program  where PCN number is not taken in to account to post the transaction in WMS. May be you are using PCN functional module in the program but not taking in to account PCN number to process it.

(1)  One why is to process the posting change using LT06/LT05 after creation of material document from 321. This way you will not get posting change remain open.

(2) Another way is, try Dinesh kumar's suggestion. But I am not 100% sure whether system accept this. Just try it. If it work then good otherwise try option 1 or 3. 

(3) If you do not want to change current  methodology and want close  the PCN, then use custom development program to close the PCN. Fetch the data from LUBU table and then close the PCN in the program. Take ABAP developer help. Ask your ABAPers to give transaction code to customised program. May be you can run this program in the background once in a day when the transaction flow is slow.

Thanks

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

For every stock transfer between storage location(wm). it will generate the PCN number...

so its required to create transfer order. if you avoid manually transfer order you can activate the automatic transfer order. you must configure menu path interface

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should study the WM documentation in general to understand the use of posting change notices.

if there is a quality change in inventory management, then the stock in WM has to get the same update. It would not make any sense to have the stock in IM in unrestricted use, but in WM it is still in Quality inspection.

It is the daily work using a WM module to keep the data in sync.

It is possible to auto-process the PCN, so you can just focus on the few which cannot automatically be processed.

You should discuss this with your WM consultant, especially to define when you start put-away your goods from interim storage type into your bins. e.g. if you already put-away while the material is still in inspection, or if you wait until there is a usage decision. It is certainly easier if the stock remains in interim storage type until it is released from quality inspection, otherwise SAP may not be able to automatically find the quants automatically for the PCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

Whu you are closing these posting change notices,as soon as the user post a transfer order ?will it not disappear from Monitor.

Why you are closng it manually, is it all wrong PCN.?

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you are looking at is the WM monitor. This monitor shows the critical object in the warehouse.

You can setup the criticity of the objects in customizing of WM and determine for each WHEN it becomes critical (e.g after 1 hour, or 1 day, etc)

For what posting change are concerned....the real question is:

do you want they do not appear in the list (1) or do you want they are not generated (2)?

for the case (1) you have to customize the monitor

for the case (2) you have to uncheck the posting change creation indicator in the interface IM-MM

Check the documentation in IMG

Regards

Claudio