cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SAP Workforce Scheduling and Optimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am looking into the options of upgrading from ClickSoftware 7.5 for SAP Workforce, Scheduling and Optimisation to 8.1.(n) latest for a major ISU in the UK.  7.5 is out of support so one way another we need to upgrade.  there are a number of options available.

one of the options of this upgrade could potentially move away from the Wessendorf adapter to use the SAP PI adapter and preconfigured content for SAP PI.

i have a few concerns with this.

1)  the client would want a phased approach to go live to reduce the risk.  can you run 7.5 and 8.1 concurrently and filter different results to different ClickSoftware databases/systems from SAP ECC?

2) how does an upgrade affect the custom developments from ClickSoftware?  do they have to be re-done/keyed or are we just re-pointing one outbound connection to another?

Has anyone successfully followed this upgrade path?

what are are the impacts if we just upgrade the Wessenforf adapter?

Thanks

Barry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have spoken to Michael Wessendorf now and i have been informed that the new SAP PI Click Adapter uses code and tables in a new namespace so we can phase the approach using standard configuration.

now i have to work out how to unpick all the developments on the Wessendorf adapter and apply to the SAP PI Click adapter....

0 Kudos

Hi Barry

I am working on a Click Upgrade project and looking at the integration options. Currently we are using Wesendorf adapter. However. as you have mentioned above, there is an option of using Click adapter for PI instead of Wesendorf. Is there any documentation you can share with me that explains the two options and their pros & cons? Also, would you know if we can integrate Click with SAP using PI standard adapters e.g. Soap, Web services etc? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

i had to research this all myself!  took me a bit of time to put it together!

it all comes down to £$£$£$£

i was doing an impact assessment - my recommendation was to use the PI Adapter.

with the PI Adapter you get a whole bunch of userexits within a new namespace for processing the data in and out of SAP  - which you would need to code if you went for a custom solution!

which equates to number of resources and time spent to implement. i would recommend the standard solution!  BUT!  you pay the full license irrespective of how little or how much you use of the solution!

0 Kudos

Hi Barry - thanks for the quick response.

Let me know how much its going to cost and I will seek some budget for the same

I am also inclined to use PI Click Adapter and the bsuiness case for the same has become stronger now as per your experience of the advantages of using click adapter.

would you be able to let me know how many interfaces are required to be configured between ECC &
Click?

Many thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are many interfaces between click and ECC.  they all come bundled in the ESR content which is available from https://service.sap.com/swdc

that will give you a better idea!   how many you will use depends purely on the functions the company are using!  we were looking at around 30% usage, but you have the flexibility and scalability to use more - plus the bonus of SAP support and development for the product!

0 Kudos

thanks Barry. Much appreciated.

Answers (0)