Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user wise file size restriction on DMS

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to permit few user can able to upload documents with file size 1GB and some users will do up to  5 MB file into content server.

Is it possible ?? let me know.

Regards,

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

This requirement is very easy to implement. You can take the ABAP'er's help to develop this.Logic would be as follows:

Use the class Builder: IF_EX_DOCUMENT_MAIN01~BEFORE_SAVE

While creating document in CV01N and also in CV02N transaction

After attaching a file system should check the file length i.e. size of the file. It should not be more than 1.0 M.B. in size.

If the File size is more than 1.0 M.B. then Validation Messg should be “File Size more than 1.0 M.B.” In case user want to attach a file more than 1.0 M.B. then plz maintain his SAP User ID in "TVARV" table.

Then system will check if user tries to attach a file size more than 1.0 MB & if his SAP user ID exist in the system then system will allow him to attach that file.

let me know if you want any more help.

Thanks

Pravinkumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

This is very good requirement. Can you please let me know for what business process this requirement has come up.

Thanks

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh Pande,

DMS integration with AUTOCAD , ECC6.0 and EP systems. From CV02n users can attach documents/drawings in to content storage are.

In organization every one can attach documents in to content server.  The problem with drawings it contains min 50 MB to 1GB.  Fromdesign department  the filtered  / selected user can only upload drawings of 1GB . We are ready go with customization with help of ABAPer to achieve my requirement.

When the  user trying to upload a file which is not in our criteria the system has to send message  with file size not possible .

Working as per Mr Praveen said above and update you soon .   Let me know your suggestions.

Thanks for you both,

Regards,

chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Whatever logic I hv given in previous thread should work for your requirement. I have implemented the same requirement in my current project & it is working absolutely fine sine last 03 years.

Difference is that we have applied the exit for 1.0 M.B. & your requirement is for 1.0 G.B. we have applied this exit as users were uploading files of more than 200 to 300 M.B. & DMS server was loaded with such big database & ultimately reduce the server performance.

Hence the exit is applied.

Let me know if you want any more logic for this requirement.

Thanks

Pravinkumar.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you very much for your cooperation. Already I informed to ABAPer and given your guidance to them, Definitely I will contact you further.

One more thing in those reports shall we find  who all are access earlier documents and least accessed files . 

Once again thank you and MAGESH PANDE.

Regards,

Chandu.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu and Praveen,

Thanks for sharing good developed functionality. It has given me good inputs from DMS perpective.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande