Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination bin change during Confirmation - Not working

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone guide me for Changing Destination bin during TO Confirmation via LT12.

Config settings done - WM - Master data --> Storage type  --Set indicator 1 - Destination bin chage during TO confirmation.

We have two storage types ML1 & ML2. Both storage types are similarly configured. however with the storage type ML1 we are able to change the bin during TO confrimation, but with the storage type ML2 - It is not allowed.

Please help to advise.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

check here

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/c6/f83e5a4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm?framese...

Anyway, "similarly" doesn't mean "equal" so what are the differences between the storage types? Probably you will find the reason there...

Regards

Claudio

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio /Jurgen,

Thanks for quick reply. I appreciate your response.

Further to my testing & observation, I found

a)  if Bin is empty is placing first Quant, i.e. First TO is created for Destination bin, it doesn't allow changing bin.

b) I created another TO for same destination bin, it allows me to change the bin.

c) The same system behavior for all storage types. i.e if I am creating first Putaway TO for Empty Bin, it never allow me to change the bin.I tested it with 3 different storage types in my system.

If you may provide some information. I have also gone through the link provided by you where the different conditions are mentioned for Bin changing during TO confirmation.

Regards,

Manish

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

can you provide more info on the 2 storage types in order to understand how they are configurated?

I tested it on my system: I created a TO to an empty storage bin and tried to change the bin during confirmation with LT12. No problems.

Regards

Claudio

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for quick reply. I appreciate your response.

WM--> Master data --> storage type -->

1-Change bin during confirmation.

Unchecked- stock placement required confirmation

If any other setting, you are looking for , please reply.

Regards,

Manish

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you should CHECK the stock placement require confirmation....

satishkumar_kirla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Even you set up bin change indicator 1 at storage type level, system will consider following parameter to allow you to change bin during confirmation-

Strategy you assigned to storage type

SU activation

Addition to existing stock indicator and Mixed storage indicator.

Whether storage location is Handling Unit Managed or not?

If you answer above thing i can you help you out.

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This issue has been resolved. The reason for not changing the bin is given below.

a) It was due to physical inventory settings WM-ACTIVITIES-PHYSICAL INVENTORY-Define types per storage type - checkbox was ticked.

It is removed & now we are able to change the bin during TO confiramtion.

Regards,

Manish

Continuous inventory upon placement into stock

Use

If stock is placed into an empty storage bin, inventory should be taken at the bin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read OSS Note 443916 - Dest. storage bin cannot always be changed during conf.

it explains under what circumstances a bin cannot be changed despite of the correct customizing