cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - RFC direct import issue: Message could not be processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a simple scenario with BPM process. RFC(from R3 system) to file. RFC-->BPM-->file.

I have created 2 IFlows for the process. The BPM process also is simple wherein I have used an automated activity which just pass through's the RFC.

RFC has directly been imported from R3 system. The BPM process deployment is successful.

ISSUE: While executing the scenario, the BPM process is failing with below error:

'Message could not be processed. Reason: com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.ESPXISystemFaultException: Error encountered during processing of XI request message in inbound ESP; Hint: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessException: Unexpected uriID '/{urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions}STFC_WRITE_TO_TCPIC'. Found: BindingData 'null', interfaceMapping 'null' interfaceDefinition 'null'

Can RFC be directly used in BPM without and modification in wsdl ?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions. what i found out is that we can not use rfc directly with BPM. We need to

create an XI3.0 compatible Interface(can be inbound as well). when I used these interfaces, the BPM process worked fine.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

I think the problem is with your iFlow confguraion for RFC to BPM. Check you have used correct receiver interface in interface mapping or not.

Looks like there is a mismatch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think calling RFC in NW BPM is very much possible, actually i have directly imported RFC from ABAP system using SOA configuration (and not from PI) and it was working fine

Check point 4:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/PI+Messages+are+not+delivered+to+SAP+NetWeaver+BPM

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM works on abstract interfaces. so create an abstract interface and have the RFC messages in its messages and then try out your scenario.