SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required information on Backlog Reduction Engine in SAP ISU

sudipkumarpatra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not aware of the process for Backlog Reduction Engine in SAP ISU. Could you please provide the related information and documents for the same consisting of following information.

1. Configuring steps for BRE.

2. Business benfits and involvment.

Regards,
Sudip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

BRE is a functionality that contains the logic for reducing the backlog set.

It executes all extract-based solution paths that are specified in transaction code SOLPA (cluster VC_SOLPA) and immediately tries to rebill corrected installations. If the solution paths are successfully executed, the backlog entries are updated accordingly.

If the function terminates repeatedly, the errors are redistributed.

If new error categories occur, a separate log is generated, which informs you that new persons responsible must be defined.

This can also be started from transaction BREE "backlog reduction engine".

The SLG1 application log for BRE runs uses the object IUBRE instead of IU00.

SAP recommends that you use all log options provided during the implementation of the BRE since these support the analysis of incorrect processing.

Once the BRE tool runs without any problems and you do not need to start any new solution paths, you can deactivate the options to improve performance.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

BRE is a functionality that contains the logic for reducing the backlog set.

It executes all extract-based solution paths that are specified in transaction code SOLPA (cluster VC_SOLPA) and immediately tries to rebill corrected installations. If the solution paths are successfully executed, the backlog entries are updated accordingly.

If the function terminates repeatedly, the errors are redistributed.

If new error categories occur, a separate log is generated, which informs you that new persons responsible must be defined.

This can also be started from transaction BREE "backlog reduction engine".

The SLG1 application log for BRE runs uses the object IUBRE instead of IU00.

SAP recommends that you use all log options provided during the implementation of the BRE since these support the analysis of incorrect processing.

Once the BRE tool runs without any problems and you do not need to start any new solution paths, you can deactivate the options to improve performance.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for your inputs.

I want to know the configuration for the same and if there are any documents which can elaborate me to implement that solution.

If you can sahre me a small set of example that will be greatful for me.

Regards,

Sudip

0 Kudos

Sudip,

As told in my previous post, the configuration that you have to do is under the transaction SOLPA.

In here, you have to maintain the backlog set definition for each activity against the date ID and Identification.

Then you need to configure the error categories for each activity and for each message class and message no. and who these category be assigned to.

Once you define the categories, you have to define the error causes and the possible solutions.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan