cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Object Dependencie Pre-Condition to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

While using Variant Configuration in R/3, I have assigned a Pre-condition to a chatracteristic value, and it works fine either in a configuration profile or sales order.

But when the characteristic is transferred to APO, this pre-condition object dependency does not get transferred.

Does the pre-condition Object dependency needs to be exclusively created in APO, or is there any means of transferring it from R/3.

Regards,

Ishwar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishwar,

You need to explicitly transfer the object dependencies from ECC to APO. You can use ALE master data distribution to transfer the VC objects. The following link might be useful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/plm-classification-and-variant-configuration/blog/2013/09/04/sap-vc...

However, any references to master data changes (for instance, BOM item quantity change - STPOB-MENZ) are to be redone in APO as the underlying structures are different (for instance, BOM item quantity /SAPAPO/CULL_CFG_COMPONENT-QUANT).

You can check the table /SAPAPO/TCUCDPRF for APO based structures.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Apologetic for the delayed acknowledgement. I couldn't have expected any better reply on this.

Will definitely try out this. Thank you very much!

Some additional information that I would like to post about ALE (for users who are doing it for the first time).

We need to create ALE Partner Profiles specifying the source & Target systems.

Step by step procedure can be followed by this document. Make sure you have a tRFC already created before following this document.

Once settings are done in R/3, we only need to create Partner profile in APO, & execute CLD2 (for example) for transfer!

Regards,

Ishwar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ishwar,

Yes it is not possible to transfer object dependencies from ECC to APO, reason being the structure is entirely different.

All you need to do is to create them in APO from scratch.

They are required to be there in both the systems for VC to function correctly.

Rgds

Sourabh