cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use Capacity levelling using secondary resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement in our project which is very specific to capacity leveling in SAP APO. Suppose a factory have 15 production resources on which production takes place. But their is a constraint, and the constraint is man power capacity. Presently the factory is manned to run only 10 machines at a time.

So this means, even if we have available capacity on 15 production resources, in reality only 10 resources can be used for production purpose. This means that the capacity has to  run on basically 2 categories of constraints, 1 production resource and the other human resource.

As far as I know, we cannot achieve this functionality using standard capacity leveling as SNP does not consider secondary resources in constraints. In R/3 we have the option to assign pooled capacity to a production resource and then we can CIF the same along with the production resource. But this pooled resource will not work in SNP ( Heuristic or Capacity leveling ).

Please share, if anyone of you have come across any such scenario, where you have mapped pooled capacity and then used the same in SNP capacity leveling ( with help of BADIs or custom function module ) in such a way that both primary and secondary resources are taken into account while planning.

Please feel free to share any other ideas where you have mapped such scenario within the SNP functionality.
Any inputs regarding this is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ayan Bishnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Ayan,

If you use PDS, then you can change  the BADI "BAdI CU_ADDIN" in the definition name "CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN"  you can chge CIF Structure, you can pass the Labor capacity to APO as well.

Make sure in routing you are assigning labor capacity as well.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debashis

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will check the BADI and get back to you if I need any further inputs from your end.

Regards

Ayan Bishnu