Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non XI Integration between source & MDM systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anybody worked on any other middleware other than XI with SAP MDM. If so,

please provide me some details about the product & integration challenges.

Also, any document about the evaluation of various middlewares (especially microsoft product) with SAP MDM will prove helpful.

Thanks

Arvind Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Please go through the below link to get the comparison of XI with other middleware tools...

<i>< Source & destination systems are SAP. Middleware is non XI ></i>

All the other middle ware tools can integrate systems which are SAP, because all of them understand the XSD format and XML is going to be the communication language... SAP does not provide any XSD's as you have mentioned... Other middle wares buy and use <b>SAP Adapters</b> for communication with SAP Systems... Once you install XI, you get IDoc and RFC adapters by default...

<i>< Source system is non SAP & middleware is non XI ></i>

Middlewares use their predefined and other third party adapters for communication between non SAP systems... Different Mapping tools can be used for the mapping... All communication will be done throuhg XSD..

<i><Source & MDM systems without using middleware></i>

MDM provides an API called as MDM4Java 5.5. We can use this API in EJB methods and access MDM data... You can expose these EJB methods as Web Services and then use them as required...

Hope this helps...

Please do get back to me if you need more details...

Regards

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the standard repository, like SAP's Material, Customer, Vendor, then you can take advantage of the Maps and XSDs and predelivered content of SAP.

These maps and XSDs are middleware independent.

XI has Idoc and RFC adpaters which are not available with other Middleware systems.

If you are using ABAP based backend then you can take advantage of the ABAP Proxy available with XI only.

The question is if you are integrating SAP products with MDM or non-sap products.

If you are integrating SAP Products, then you may incline towards XI otherwise go with the already existing middleware.

Regarding MDM integration,

as long as the XML files are in the ready folder of the port, then Import Server can do the rest of the job, updating the MDM.

So the middleware has to do the translation and put the XML file in the Ready folder.

From there Import Server takes the responsiblility to get the data into MDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adhappan

Thanks very much for your views.

Let me take the discussion further using three scenarios

1. Source & destination systems are SAP. Middleware is non XI.

Can i readily import the predelivered XSD's into my middleware to establish the communication between the integrated systems. Do all middlewares understand the XSD structure provided by SAP or do they need to be translated to any other language? Are the adapters for IDOC & RFC to be custom built?

2. Source system is non SAP & middleware is non XI.

There is no predelivered content from SAP. Effort would be required to design the data model. Develop own schemas that can be delivered to middleware in an understandable format.Adapters may be required to be built depending on availability & all maps should be developed in MDM.

3. Source & MDM systems without using middleware.

How can this be accomplished?