Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit Sales - Item not relevant for billing

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies. I am trying all the combination which was provided by you through forum. Again i explain to you about my scenario:

Product A is machine

Product B is brush

We can make bill for product A and product B separately without any issue. Our problem starts while making as a kit with these two products.

Here we shoud do like this

Product A +Product B = Product C

Product C is unreal product like Text Item.

Here we need to  do billing for Product C and it is a Header Item.

While Making PGI We need to get reduced inventory for Product A and Product B.

And Price for Product C should  automatically  get from product A and B ( Price of Product C=Product A+Product B)

Kindly help me ...

My Setting are given below for your reference..

VOV4

OR    ERLA                  ZTAQ
OR    NORM   ZTAQ    ZTAA

VOV7

VTFL

Regards

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Here we need to  do billing for Product C and it is a Header Item.

While Making PGI We need to get reduced inventory for Product A and Product B.

And Price for Product C should  automatically  get from product A and B ( Price of Product C=Product A+Product B)

Pricing -

You have activated this at main level (item category ZTAQ).

That means the user has to maintain the condition records at header level (Product C).

As pricing is deactivated at sub item level (ZTAA), the sales order shall not populate the value of Product A, B.

To get prices = price of A + B, you have to activate price at sub item level and deactivate price at main item level.

Reduce qty of A, B during PGI -

For this in the schedule line categories related to A, B (that is related to item category ZTAA) movement type 601 has to be set.

For the schedule line category of the main item (ZTAQ), the movement type should be blank.

In bill have the main item (C) -

Billing relevance -

Main item category (ZTAQ), in VOV7, billing relevance = A (delivery related billing)

In VTFL, item category level, billing relevance = B (delivery less invoice qty)

Correct the above settings and then test.

If you are facing any issues, then convey those.

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I did as per your mail.But i got same error " Item is not relevant for billing". Kindly guide me.

My settings given below:

VOV7 FOR ZTAQ

VOV7 FOR ZTAA

Schedule Line category for ZTAQ :

Schedule Line category for ZTAA

VTFL  FOR  ZTAQ

VTFL  FOR  ZTAA

Regards

Ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Your settings look correct!

In the delivery (VL02N), at item level, Tab Processing, check what is the value of field "Billing Doc." for ALL the items (in the delivery).

Any items with value "Not relevant"?

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I checked with outbound delivery at item level.All three (Both Header and Item level) items having the status of Billing Doc= A NOT INVOICED.

Header Item

Sub Item 1

Sub Item 2

Regards

ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

If both main item and sub item have "Not Invoiced", then both are relevant for billing.

Expand the error message and paste it here, so that we can know for which line item this message is populating.

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Pl find below attached error message picture for your ref.

Regards

Ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Your configuration looks OK!

Please check if there is any is any billing block either at header or at item level, in the sales order?

If there is no block, the create the entire cycle again (starting with sales order....)

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I checked as you said. But I am facing the same error. Can you please explain me ,For example computer as a KIT Product .

Product A Computer= Product B CPU+  Product C Monitor.

Kindly give an example configuration  settings for

VOV4

VOV7

VTFL

VTFA

Regards

Ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

All your configuration looks OK!

I would have set the same (in the t-codes mentioned by you).

Message "Item is not relevant for billing" -

We can look in to

- Item category, field "Billing relevance" (this should be A delivery related)

- In sales order, header or item level, billing block

Create sales cycle for only sub-items (CPU) and check if you are getting this error message.

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Sir  You are Right!

I created sales order for sub items only. There is no billing block in header and item level and  Item category is TAN. Even though the same error is showing...

Next what to do...

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ganesh,

in VTFL ( Copy Control ) please select copying requirement as 004( Delivery related item ) and Try

Regards

Amarnath.B

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

First I tried with 004 for header item and then tried for sub item  also. But I got the same result.

Regards

Ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

This is really strange!

With TAN you should not get this error.

Are you practicing in IDES (Sandbox)?

Please paste item category TAN

Check in SE16N, table VBRP, give item category as TAN and check if there are billing documents, already created.

When you create the billing document, are you using VF01? What number are you entering (order or delivery number) before executing?

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I am using delivery number in VF01 and all other regular items using SAP Standard TAN. There is no problem in other type of billing while using TAN. I think I did some mistake in VOV7 or VTFL. I request you to examine my the settings which is already posted in this forum and kindly send the VOV7 AND VTFL SETTINGS for my scenario.(header and sub item separately) .

Regards

Ganesh

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I forgot to tell you one thing, I am using all those settings in Sandbox client not dev client and  I checked with other order types for same sub item and same item category (TAN).Here billing document has been created without any error. So my problem is related to order type . So I need to check with order type related settings. I will check once again completely. Pl tell me if there is any config setting related to order type.

Regards

Ganesh

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

As per your advice I have changed all the settings. After that I checked with new sales document type.Now it is working fine .But existing document type is getting same error. Any way I need to check old document type.

I thank you for  giving your continuous and excellent support . I can't imagine .. Because I am pretty new  to this forum. I am just started my SCN journey with this year 2013 .  I expect same kind of support from all of you.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

There is a huge scope of learning by analyzing the existing documents (e.g. sales orders, deliveries, billing documents) and then digging in the related configuration!

Good to know that you have looked in to earlier created transaction data.

Side comment - Thanks for posting the screenshots, helps in understanding the issue (quicker)!