cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Syclo Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to do some basic customization for Syclo Work Manager  for SAP. We had created  a copy of the application and added a new field of int type to the workorder header.  WE are not able to see the data which was hard coded in the SAP flowing to the ATE.

Can you please give some pointers on how to debug the solution:

• SAP side: Although we have put the external break point in the class method we are not able to get a  hit on the same while a transmit is being done from the client/ATE.
  • Java side: Can you please guide us in how we can debug the Java part of the application by putting setting debug point and line by line debugging?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

To debug the java classes for work manager application you have to modify the agentry.ini file for the following entry.

nonStandardJavaOptions=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=7003,server=y,suspend=n

In Eclipse,Select Run->Debug configuration.

Select the Remote Java Application in the list of configuration types.

Create a new remote connection for the particular java project.

In connect tab give following details.

Host = localhost

port = 7003.

Put a breakpoint in your java classes and save the configuration.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abhishek. It worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek/All,

With the modifications done in the backend we ar not getting any data for the workorder in java side.

Although we have tried putting external break points in SAP side in class methods or BAPi wrapper. But sadly they never gets hit.

To verify we tried with standard package and standard application. Even in this case also we didnt get a hit on the SAP side.

Can you please guide us witht the SAP side debugging for Syclo WM.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Using External breakpoints only we debug the abap classes and BAPI's.

Make sure that you have identified the correct class and BAPI Wrapper.

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you Abhishel for the replies.

We had tried with external breakpoints itself for the BAPi Wrapper(Function module) and for the get methods in abap class(MDO). Although we can see that its being called in the logs for Syclo server, we are not getting a hit on the breakpoint set, even on intiial sync. Even then we are getting data on intial sync.

Is there any user privileges/settings to be done for the breakpoint in ABAP to work? What are we missing here?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you tried to debug the classes/BAPIs using SRDEBUG transaction.

If not,can you try it once.

Also,refer below links for extrenal breakpoint issues.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1754309

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1701050

Regards,

Abhishek Wajge

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to Debug the Java Layer.

Hence I followed the procedure( Modifying agentry.ini file).

After changes when I re-started the server I'm getting the socket exception.

I changed the port and tried still the same

I commented the changes done in agentry.ini and tried to restart the server, its working with no exception .

What can be the solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Punith.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Punith,

For java debugging, don't use the standard Agentry listen port which is 7003.  Trying to use the same port that is being used for Angel front end will cause the error you received because the port is already in use.  Use something that is not being used, for example: port 7090

nonStandardJavaOptions=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=7090,server=y,suspend=n

Set up your debug session with 7090 also in Eclipse.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had actually set the debug points for the developer user instead of the user used for Login. Now its working .

Thank you all.. for the help and support.

Regards,

Vivek

jino_jose
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you set the external break point for which user you enabled. The break point has to be set for the synchronization user.

Thanks,

Jino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jino,

WE had actually set the debug points for the developer user instead of the user used for Login. Now its working .

Thank you all.. for the help and support.

Regards,

Vivek