cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBO Preemptive Authentication & RESTful Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an MBO connected to a RESTful Service profile.  The backend service, Domino Lotus Notes server, is set to preemptive authentication. 

My connection profile is all set with "Preemptive Authentication" all checked.  I've set my MBO with Basic Authentication with my username and password entered.  Previewed the MBO and everything works great. 

Now I have a form with the button invoking the MBO and the results is displayed onto a ListView.  The button that is set to Online Request is also setup with Success/Error to display the errors in the "ErrorList" screen setup from "Error Screen".  When invoking the MBO via the button action, the error in the error list is showing the "Login Page".  Which is what I've seen when I test the RESTful URI via a browser when I have not entered my credentials.

So the wall I've hit is that the connection and query works when doing a "Preview" of MBO.  But when being used in an application, doesn't seem that the username/password is being passed to the service.

Please help!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Can you bit explain this line in more details?

I've set my MBO with Basic Authentication with my username and password entered. 

Are you trying with runtime credentials?

is there any load argument to mbo ?

Please share snapshots of the issue , would be issue to understand.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra.  I'm sorry not the MBO.  The RESTful Service has the "Basic Authentication" tab where I do specify the username and password.  With this, when I create the MBO attaching the connection profile to the RESTful service and I use the "Preview" to make sure the MBO works. 

However when I setup my button to use the MBO, the error I get is that it shows the actual login screen so some how the user name and password isn't being passed at least I'm assuming if the MBO works, the button invoking the MBO should also work.

Is there something else that I need to do in the hybrid app?   thanks.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jay Sanchez

The RESTful Service has the "Basic Authentication" tab where I do specify the username and password.  With this, when I create the MBO attaching the connection profile to the RESTful service and I use the "Preview" to make sure the MBO works.

when you get the data in preview it is specific to that user? or data coming after previewing is common.?

what is cache policy.. online rite?

what all are the load arguments for that mbo?

what all settings you are doing for that button?

what happens when you do parameter mappings/personalization keys mapping?

can you please share snapshots of all possible screen so that it would be easy to understand this issue.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you get the data in preview it is specific to that user? or data coming after previewing is common.?

For now I am using my LAN credentials.  There will be a service account moving forward.  The parameter I provide is expected to return a result and yes it does return a result.

what is cache policy.. online rite?

The Cache Policy is "On Demand"

what all are the load arguments for that mbo?

Only one load argument which is the string required for searching

what all settings you are doing for that button?

The settings for the button is "Online Request"

what happens when you do parameter mappings/personalization keys mapping?

The personalization key is set up property as far as I know.  I use Wire Shark to analyze the stream being sent to the service and the values are being sent back.

Can't really give a snapshot due to security.  Sorry for that.  The connection profile is set for "Preemptive Authentication".  But when running from the hybrid add, instead of the resultset, I am redirected to the error screen and show this:

Seems as if the username/pwd isn't being passed at all.

Below is the connection properties of the RESTful Service:

Thanks.