cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD/MM/YYYY - Create date format (again)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am searching to set up the usual european date format DD/MM/YYYY for my users but it is not available in SAP although is it the most used format in Europe ? Is there a way to create a new date format and to use DD/MM/YYYY instead of DD.MM.YYYY (I did not find any documentation about this last format).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this  Note 1379084 - Conversion of date from external to internal format , it deals with the above issue

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately in SAP system it is NOT possible to display date with format DD/MM/YYYY.

In SU01,  "Date Format" field, click on drop-down menu,  you will see ALL of possible date format

which are allowed in SAP system. You may use profile parameter zcsa/moddatfm to set which date format you want to use as default date format.

Since DD/MM/YYYY is not in the list, unfornately it is not possible to use.

The date formats in the SAP system is fixed. No customizing could be done.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the list of available format dates is given in the domain XUDATFM. In order to process to a simple modification, I just managed to change the label from DD.MM.YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY (instead of adding a new date format, which would be a modification of standard). It works fine in addition to the note given by Nibu Antony : Note 1379084 - Conversion of date from external to internal format.

One thing too bad, it has to be done on each language used and this will have to checked and eventually reprocessed after an upgrade (not a big deal, but this has to be reprocessed).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody and thanks for your answers.

The note1379084 gives a useful explanation about the use of the dot as a separator (DD.MM.YYYY). From what I see, it is a bad logic of date management in SAP standard which is partially fixed by this note. But the date format (in SU01 for instance) is still displayed as DD.MM.YYYY. Is there a mean to display it as DD/MM/YYYY ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please check this if it helps.

Note 1519155 - External Date Format is assigned from user default values

Thanks

Rishi Abrol