cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"

cgwaters
Participant
0 Kudos

Oftentimes when I press the Refresh button and proceed to select the criteria in the Prompts dialog box, I get the following error:

An internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

If I press the OK button, press the Refresh button again, and select the same criteria again, no error occurs and the report displays properly.

I've not found any pattern for -- nor cause of -- this issue. What could be causing it? How do I resolve it so that my end users don't see it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bhupesh_gawade
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If you have a stored procedure the just add additional two space after exec

eg. exec Report_ABC

and if you have custom query then add space at the end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

What is the value of the Maximum Binary File size under your Web Intelligence Jobserver Properties in the CMC? If the report is returning a lot of rows, it may be running out of memory.

Regards,

Mark

cgwaters
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find that property. In my WebIntelligenceProcessingServer's > Properties, only the following 'maximum'-related properties are displayed:

• Maximum Custom Sort Size (entries)
  • Universe Cache Maximum Size (Universes)
  • Maximum List Of Values Size (entries)
  • Maximum Documents per User
  • Maximum Documents Before Recycling
  • Maximum Connections
  • Memory Lower Threshold (MB)
  • Memory Upper Threshold (MB)
  • Memory Maximum Threshold (MB)
  • Maximum Document Cache Size (KB)
  • Maximum Document Cache Reduction Space (percent)
  • Maximum Character Stream Size (MB)
  • Binary Stream Maximum Size (MB): 50
former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

WIS 30270 is a generic error that should normally come with additional details.

Do you have the Support Message number, I would like to take a look at the logs and what has been done

thanks

Simone

cgwaters
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the message. How do I determine the Support Message number?

Also, the SAP support person told me a few minutes ago that he believes this error is happening because the Platform Search Scheduling Object is set to run 'continuously' instead of 'scheduled'. He is recommending that I change this setting. I'm conferring with my CMC Admin before making this change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are seeing the same error in webi reports but we found the workaround here.

We need to run the report in Applet mode in Launch pad.

Preferences --> Web Intelligence-->Select Applet mode in both "View" and "Modify" sections.

If this is not works then try the below one as well:

Please go to design mode then edit the query and see the sample data in the data preview pane and run the queries again and save the report.

Now open the report and see the result.

@Viswanadh Chaudhary.

former_member661332
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It is not product bug, this is issue with server. please contact your BO admin team. They can resolve this error. I faced the same error. Admin has done some server restart (connecter server) then it has resolved.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We had "answerPromptsLov API -Error- ERR_WIS_30270" error. We contacted SAP Suppport and worked as per the suggestion to fix it.

I guess, for this type of product error, we should contact SAP for the resolution

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3394373

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does your report uses @Prompt clause in IDT. In that case this is possibly a bug. A note 1902294 is tracking this issue.

Resolution

The issue is target to be fixed in SAP BI 4.0 Support Pack 09. Please note that this is subjected to change as the investigation is in progress.

cgwaters
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, but my report does not use the @Prompt clause in the IDT.

I contacted SAP Support. They suggest that the error is the result of our environment being too busy; however, this is in my development environment...and there are only two other developers. The note you reference, however, makes it apparent that things other than a busy system can cause this error.

BTW, my platform is BI4.0 SP5 Patch 9. I have one WebI Processing Server in my system. My Adaptive Processing Server has been split out. The data source is SAP ERP 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem occur in 4.1SP5. Report add filter for prompt list of values and take place "Could not retrieve the list of values".

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

I am running 4.1 SP3 and this error popped up when I changed the Query names from generic Query 1 etc.  I had multiple queries but when refreshing one query at a time I was able to see which query was the culprit then I renamed the query to something else and the problem went away!

Thanks

Abdul