cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Preparation for Data Deletion in the Receiver System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to specify which tables you want to delete and which one's you would like to retain?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello John,

There is activity "Change settings for table deletion (optional)" under the mass starter "Preparation of data deletion in receiver system" in system analysis phase.

You have to expand the mass starter and manually execute the activity if you want to change the

deletion settings for certain tables.

I hope this answers your query.

BR

Isha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the Extended view -- otherwise the step doesn't show up.

Under Package Settings -> Activity: Specify Reduction Rules for Tables

Look up the tables you'd like to restrict, and see the transfer category -- if it is full transfer and you don't want to bring the table across.... highlight the table and hit Set No Transfer.  The table will then be excluded from your transfer....but it is customizing data as well as table data that won't come across.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to create a copy from your portfolio of a data deletion scenario and define what you want to delete, if it isn't specified then it shouldn't touch anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Portfolio the only option available is:

Requirement: Client-Specific Data Deletion for SAP ERP

You want to delete all ERP application data residing in a specific client of a non-production system without transferring data across systems.

I'm not sure this will accomplish what I'm trying to do.  I'm running a time based reduction for SAP ERP.  During the deletion process on the receiving client I want to retain certain nodes and delete everything else so that later during the data transfer I can create new flat migration objects and select only the tables that are relevant and not have an impact on the nodes that weren't deleted.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When TDMS starts on a receiver system it deletes everything for transaction/master data/customizing; there is no option to to retain/keep certain things, only the repository and client independent data is left.

You can however choose to copy only master data/customizing and/or transaction data.

Think of TDMS and a receiver system like a system refresh or remote client copy, when that process starts the first thing that happens is the same thing all data is wiped; TDMS just saves the "shell".

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a thought too, instead of doing a time based only reduction, have you taken a look at the BPLs and come up with a BPL solution that only pulls the specific data you are looking to have in the receiver system?

An example would be pulling 5 (or more) invoices/purchase orders along with all the objects that lead to their creation.  This would lower the amount of time taken for that TDMS package and due to being a BPL you can re-run it multiple times as your sender data requirement isn't changing.

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

please have a look at the following hope it helps

source : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41808

Best Regards

Marius