Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude deduction/dispute items from credit block for Sales order

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

At our instance, a credit block for sales order is activated based on ‘oldest open items past X days.’ It works alright for the regular open items. However it also considers the “deduction or dispute” items which are overdue since X days, and puts a sales order on credit block.  Is there a way to exclude these items from credit block consideration?

We do not want sales orders to go on credit block if the deduction/dispute items are past due since X days.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

I would suggest that you configure reason codes for under payment, for example, one for where the customer took discount terms when they were not allowed, or they short payed for another reason.

You can configure the reason code to be disputed or not

As an example we have configured the following reason codes:

RCd Short text                       Long Text                              CoorT          C   D   D  A

LGL  Legal Claim Pending     Legal Claim Pending                                            X       (not disputed)

OWE Customer Owe Balan   Customer owes balance                                 X   X        (disputed)

On the OVA8 reason code:

The section for Checks in Financial accounting/old A/R summary no values

The Oldest Open Item   reaction is  an A    Days oldest item is 29

So any open item coded with reason code OWE is not included in the oldest item check.  Any open item with a reason code of LGL is included in the oldest item check.

We are on ECC 6.0 hot stack 14

Best regards,

Chet

0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

In credit management, we have 3 user defined checks available. There are 3 user exists as below which can be used to have credit check as per requirements.

LVKMPFZ1

LVKMPFZ2

LVKMPFZ3

In your case, you may define specific block on orders related to "dispute" case.

Then use this block and user exits, to have your own checks for exclusion of specific order/s.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the recommendation to use exit, but can you please elaborate the context 'how'?

Please understand when the order is created, then system checks for all old open items,and if any item ist past due, then it puts the order on block. So, how can we create exception to exclude dispute items? Does the user exit have facility to exclude/ not consider the deduction items (based on doc.type) during the process of checking open items in FBL5N?

Or, is it possible to create a new block reason code, which updates the sales order if any deduction item goes beyond the defined days in OVA8?

Because, currently, SAP puts the common block on order once the item is past due X days. If we're able to bifurcate, and update the correct block reasons, then through some exit we can lift the 'block' from the orders belonging to this specific category.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Nirav

0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Let me tell you what i thought of your issue.

Lets say you have 100 documents (orders) created for a customer and one of which is having some dispute (and is overdue). You want such a document not to be considered for any credit management checks when a new order is being created.

If my above understanding is correct, i was suggesting to put a block on the 'disputed' order. This can be a manual step. Then you can have the user exit logic to exclude such a order from credit checks.

Correct me if my assumptions are not as per your issue.

regards,

Vaibhav

Private_Member_10672
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I think there is a disconnect!

When I say dispute/deduction items, meaning less payment received towards invoices for some reasons. For eg. a customer was invoiced for $100, and has made payment of $90 towards it, which leaves $10 as dispute/deduction items till it's resolved.

Now, assuming the dispute is unresolved, then OVA8 settings of 'Oldest open items' considers this very deduction/dispute item of $10 as legitimate open item, and puts a new sales order on a credit block. Technically speaking, SAP is doing correct, but our business process does not want to consider deduction/dispute/short payment items to block the order.

We want SAP to consider ONLY invoices (RVs) for calculation of "Oldest open items" for the credit block.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Nirav

0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Thanks for clarifications on requirements.

So, you still need to mark the order/invoice as 'dispute' document. Otherwise, there is no way to know if invoice is not paid in full due to what reason. (Invoice may be unpaid for any other reason other than dispute). Once you mark document as 'dispute', you can use user exits and BSID table entry to know if entire invoice value is cleared or not. If amount updated in BSID is less than invoice value and document is 'dispute' document, you can use the difference of amount (unpaid amount) to add to the available credit for customer. I mean, you can add the differece (10$ as per your example) to 'available credit' amount within the user exit to get actual available credit while order is being saved.  Since this is very specific requirement, i have obviously not tried such coding, but such logic should work.

regards,

Vaibhav