cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Situations in determination of Storage Location for Picking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have two different Storage Locations (say ZZ01 and ZZ02) for a Plant (say XX01) and we would like to use Picking from these storage locations based on Situations. We have configured required settings like Picking based on situations etc. We use a single Storage Condition in Material Master and that is not changed or updated. In OVL3 we maintain a single Storage Location only (ZZ01) for Plant Storage Condition combination

We are Using MARE as the Rule for Picking location determination with our Replenishment delivery.

When we are creating the outbound delivery by VL10B, the system is automatically determining the Sto Lo ZZ01.

I could not find any place to maintain any situation in my Purchasing document so as to trigger the creation of Outbound delivery and subsequent Picking Location determination based on the specific situation.

Can you please help us to know where we should maintain the SITUATION in our transaction/ master data area so that we can correctly pick up the sto loc in delivery

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhaskar,

Once we have customizing settings has done.After that we need to check delivery item catagory functions by using tocde OVLP.

By using path: Logistics Execution -> Shipping->delivers-> deliery item catagory functions.

Regards,

murali kirshna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is maintained in our Configuration specs. In OVLP we have maintained it for our relevant item category NLN. But this does not solve our issue. System picks up the Sto Loc maintained in OVL3 and does not use situation criteria.

Where exactly do we maintain the Situations in Master or Transaction data so that the necessary combination can be picked up by the system? Please help....

Regards

Bhaskar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check in OVLK , " Rule for determining the storage location for picking " ,here ,we need to maintain " RETA ".

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for this reply. Yes RETA does work. However, when I am using MARE it is not working.

and I am trying to find how make it work.

Can you please help....

Regards,

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,  Have you made these setting?   Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Define Situations,   Fallow this situation for determination of Storage Location with combination of Situation, Stor. condition, Stor. Location through,   Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Storage Location Determination with Situation.  Thanks Sreenath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is maintained in our Configuration specs. Only part is we don't know how to use the Situations to Select a Specific Storage Location.

Where exactly do we maintain the Situations in Master or Transaction data so that the necessary combination can be picked up by the system

Regards

Bhaskar