Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR report self service: no productive system

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to set up ESR report self service in our solman system.

For this I have created a solution with a leading role: Production System. In the solution I have put our production solman system (SLM).

I have setup ESR using solman_setup: basic configuration -> enable engagement reports data transfer. This went fine.

Now when I am trying to run an adhoc ESR report and select my solution the report fails with the message that the involved system is not a production system and cannot be selected.

See also the screenshot attached.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Regards, Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

I see that the screenshot is not in the message.

Here it is:

Thanks and regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Goto solution ( Bart_test_ESR) and check the logical component and set the SLM client is PRD client, if not set and active the client has PRD client.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

Thhanks But can u  describe more about  Metadata design using universe !!

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

It indeed appeared that not all clients were set to live status in the LMDB. After setting all to live, solman indicated that the system was a production system and I was able to select the solution for report generation.

Now a new issue appears however; the actual report generation fails with the message "PDF_GENERATION_FAILED".

We have a central JAVA ADS hub which we use for all our SAP systems. In the log of the JAVA ADS hub I see the following message:

"....................................

Exception Stack Trace: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception - Template used in PDF render operation is invalid or cannot be found: bytes Reason code: eedaa1d0-9a38-4a06-b129-3a2ab3d7f936 - Xml parsing error: encoding specified in XML declaration is incorrect (error code 19), line 1, column 31 of file        

at com.adobe.ads.request.ADSRequest.processOperations(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.ads.request.ADSRequest.process(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.processRequest(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesEJB.rpData(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.AdobeDocumentServicesLocalLocalObjectImpl0_0.rpData(AdobeDocumentServicesLocalLocalObjectImpl0_0.java:120)        

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)        

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)        

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:331)        

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.runtime.EJBImplementationContainer.invokeMethod(EJBImplementationContainer.java:126)        

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessor.process(RuntimeProcessor.java:157)        

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.runtime.RuntimeProcessor.process(RuntimeProcessor.java:79)        

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.runtime.servlet.ServletDispatcherImpl.doPost(ServletDispatcherImpl.java:92)        

at SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:51)        

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)        

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)        

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:401)        

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:266)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:386)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:364)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:1039)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:265)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:95)        

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:175)        

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)        

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)        

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)        

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)        

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176) Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception - Template used in PDF render operation is invalid or cannot be found: bytes Reason code: eedaa1d0-9a38-4a06-b129-3a2ab3d7f936 - Xml parsing error: encoding specified in XML declaration is incorrect (error code 19), line 1, column 31 of file        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.Render.execute(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.ADSOperation.doWork(Unknown Source)         ... 30 more Caused by: com.adobe.ProcessingException: XMLFM Exception - Template used in PDF render operation is invalid or cannot be found: bytes Reason code: eedaa1d0-9a38-4a06-b129-3a2ab3d7f936 - Xml parsing error: encoding specified in XML declaration is incorrect (error code 19), line 1, column 31 of file        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAllRemote(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.support.RemoteRenderer.renderAll(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.ads.operation.Render.renderWithoutCache(Unknown Source)         ... 32 more Caused by: com.adobe.document.xmlform.InvalidTemplateException: IDL:com/adobe/document/xmlform/InvalidTemplateException:1.0        

at com.adobe.document.xmlform.InvalidTemplateExceptionHelper.read(Unknown Source)        

at com.adobe.document.xmlform._FormFactoryStub.renderAll(Unknown Source)         ... 36 more

......................."

Apparently there is something wrong in the XML file that SolMan sends to our ADS hub.

Or is our ADS hub at a to low level to interpret? Our current level os the ADS hub is: NW7.01 SP6.

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards,

Bart.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of the pre requestie with setting ESR report is marking the Productive system role.

The systems with role "production" have to be marked as "production"

have you set the production system role in your solution? if not open

1. solman_directory, Change

2. System_group tab-> assign the logical component for production system role,

SAP Library - Basic Settings

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your reply.

Both the leading role and the navigation role of the solution are set to: production system. Within the logical component our SLM system has been set as production system. So this all looks ok.

In SMSY I do see however in the header data of the product system that the system is not set to production:

Should this be set to production? If so, how to do this? Adjusting of product systems should be done in the LMDB, however I can't seem to find the field in the LMDB.

Thanks and regards,
Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Groot,

I am facing the same problem of pdf generation , did you solve your problem ,

Can you please provide me solution how did you fix that .

Thanks

Pramod

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have solved the problem with "PDF_GENERATION_FAILED". Check first that Adobe Document Service is correct configured, see note 1833648. Use transaktion SE38, Programm FP_PDF_TEST_00, parameter ADS. If OK the error should not happen. If there is an error reported, check ADS installation and configuration. Helpfull link: Configuration Wizard - SAP Library I have executed the "NW: ADS - AS ABAP (Generic Adobe ABAP Print Forms): Maintain" in NWA.

Best regards

Michael