Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is transfer of vendor from ros to srm really required

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are in SRM 7.0 ehp2.We have implement ROS and SRM in same client.When Vendor Registers himself.It comes to prescreen when buyer can accept/reject the particular vendor.Now after accepting is it really required to 'tranfer' registered vendors from ROS to SRM as both are in same client.Also if yes, then I am not able to transfer.I have defined the external web service.When I click on Transfer button the screen returns to Preselect screen.And the status remains as accepted.We don't have XI.Also we haven't implemented SUS.

So , basically we are implementing SAP SRM WITH ROS(without SUS and without XI). Why the status is not changing from Accepted to Released.I have checked many threads but couldn't able to find the right direction.Any one has implemented/faced such kind of issue.What else should be done to transfer and firstly why transfer is required if both SRM and ROS are on same client.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ROS and SRM are two different application even if they are on the same client. In ROS, the BUPA role is different as the Vendor is still a Potential Supplier. Only when the data is transferred to SRM, a potential supplier becomes an actual supplier. This supplier in SRM has a different BUPA role and only with this role it can be used in Shopping cart or POs etc.

This is why Vendor data needs to be transferred from ROS to SRM.

Now regarding the transfer itself, ROS to SRM vendor data transfer happens via OPI.

Transfer is actually initiated from the SRM side in Create business Partner:supplier screen. You will need to click on "Add External Supplier From" and choose the ROS option and this will take you to Supplier Directory where all approved potential suppliers are listed.

Process differs if you have activated the SRM_701_SUCO_SUP_REG switch as webdynpro screens are used instead of old BSP screens.

Refer following notes:

1845704 - SRM-ROS transfer of suppliers - Open Partner Interface

1750667 - Potential supplier transfer error from ROS to SRM

Regards,

Sushil.

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil Kumar,

Thanks a lot for your reply.Few doubts are clear now. Even if ROS and SRM are on same client since their BUPA role is different thats why it is required to transfer from ROS to SRM, correct me if I am wrong.

Now as you said we have activated the customizing switch.But when we were trying to see the registered vendors the Preselect screen of webdynpro is not working.Even we are trying to search with filter still we are not able to see the registered vendors.I have also posted this on scn but could able to get a correct reply   . Before the scenario we where using BSP but now  we are trying to move to webdynpro screens.But when I checked the registration screen I found an error

Now when I was working on webdynpro screens I found this error .But the same I am able to do with BSP page also if you will check my preselect screen in my previous thread I am getting totally different.Is the Preselect screen depends upon this error above.Why the Preselect screen Acccept/Reject buttons not working.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you have activated the switch, you need to have role /sapsrm/suco_processor to process the potential vendors. You should not use the BSP screens. Refer to following note:

1776399 - Missing buttons on the ROS Supplier Preselection screen

Regarding the failure about sending questionnaire, please check if your config is complete in all aspects. Also check following note as it may fix the issue you have.

Note 1730440 - Questionnaire lock issue in ROS WebDynpro application

Regards,

Sushil.

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sushil Kumar,

Thanks a lot. Also is was problem with the Questionnaire/Product Category.We deleted it and created a fresh new again.Then the error was solved.Also the button issue was solved as we created the Product Category.Now we are not using the standard webdynpro reg screen , we have created a new zwebdynpro and using the function module 'ROS_BUPA_CREATE_PROSP' we are able to create the BP number in BUT000 table.But when we are looking into Preselect Screen the status and questionnaire column is blank. We are not able to accept it also .We are only able to find that BP number through filter in ALL selection.How can I make my Zwebdynpro to act as Standard.Is there any FM which would help to create the status and also the Questionnaire.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Answers (0)