cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduling of APO planned orders by heuristics?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We’ve got a setup where we plan production via PP/DS in APO. We do finite scheduling on a few resources but we do not plan all of the components in APO.

It happens that we move planned orders because we’re missing components.

When people do this we get the planned orders set to PP-firmed.

Now, when the heuristic runs, these orders get moved back again to their original time, this is not wanted, and it seems to us that this is not how it has always been.

My question is, is it normal behavior that the heuristic will move PP-firmed orders? What determines if the heuristic will  reschedule existing orders?

There is the option to set “date fixed” on the planned orders. I’ve tested this, and the heuristic will not move these orders.

But date fixing requires running a heuristic or using the detailed planning board to set the fix. Both of these aren’t very handy.

Are there other options you know of?     

Regards

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Simon,

PP Firmed order doesn't move through PP Heuristics, but yes those orders can move through Optimizer run . check whether you run optimizer ?

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't run optimizer.

I've seen the orders move myself (PP-firmed ones that had been moved manually) so it can clearly happen. What I'm after is some sort of info on what makes it happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

There are many reasons why orders move in ECC to a different date when they are created in APO.  Track down SAP Notes on scheduling.  For example, say your DS strategy is backwards in APO.  The lead time scheduling strategy might be forwards in ECC.  APO will schedule backwards from the finish date and ECC will take the same order and schedule forwards from the start date.  Look at the integration strategy in PP/DS global settings as well.

Getting dates to match can be difficult.  Search OSS for Notes on scheduling, integration, retransfer of orders (in CIF) and there my be others.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I think your query is about the observation of the rescheduling of APO PP-firmed planned orders within APO due to other PP/DS heuristics runs.  For CIF transfer and related rescheduling elaborate answer is given by Maclean.

In this regards, the interpretation of PP-firming in APO planned orders needs to be understood in the context of the applicable  business situation( how the PP-firming is occuring).

1. In your situation, PP-firming is occurring due to the manual changes of the date/time of the planned orders. In this case the receipt element (of the planned order) acquires the status PP-firmed. The system can therefore neither change the receipt quantities nor delete the order.

However, there does not seem to be restriction on change of dates (i.e. rescheduling) by PP/DS heuristics.

2. However, when the detailed scheduling function Fix in the production planning run or in the DS planning board, is used to firm an operation, the operation acquires the status firmed and the order acquires the status Fixed Date/Time. The system automatically sets the status PP-Firmed in addition to the statusFixed Date/Time.

In this situation, the dates/times and resource assignments for the individual operations of the order or all the operations of the order are firmed. The system cannot reschedule firmed operations to another date/time or to other resources.

If we do not wish to make any more changes to the dates and resource assignment for an operation or order, we can fix the operation, order or (for certain time intervals) the resource.

Therefore, the correct solution to your original requirement appears to be “Fixing”. 

PP-firming resulting due to manual change of order dates need not be sufficient to avoid rescheduling.

Hope this gives some additional insight.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but the scenario here is pure APO, the orders aren't moved by ECC, it's clearly the heuristic that does the moving.

I'm trying to track down why this might be so since historically it's not really something we've noticed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, well what you say confirms pretty much what I've been able to research myself. It seems that fixing is necessary to prevent moving of orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

We also have the similar issue in our project, did u got any solution on this. if you got anything kindly share the same.

Thanks inadvance for your help and support further.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ravi Sagar Chennu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

-PP-Firmed Planned orders are not moved by production planning heuristics as per standarad PPDS.

-There is chance of PP_firmed orders getting moved by Detail scheduling heuristics So in your case are you saying PP_Firmed orders are moved by Production planning heuristics then its not as per standarad SAP design

If you want you can resource fixing inteval using heuristics where orders in fixing horizon for particular resource are frozen and could not be moved but no new orders can be created within this horizon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run a heuristic based on /SAPAPO/HEU_PLAN_DEFICITS. It's used both in a CTP proces for sales order checking as well as for regular planning in batch or manual execution from product view.

It definitely moves the PP-firmed orders when run, they move back if the resource is open on the desired timeslot.

I know about the fixing options, but is this really necessary in order to prevent orders from moving?

As mentioned it seems to us that this was not always so...but that may be a misconception.