cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Custom Scanner Button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask, is in Agentry Editor any way to create custom software button (with bigger size, custom position etc.) , which activates barcode scanner? I know , there is a special type of field (barcode scanner) , but for our requirements it is unuseful.

I would like to have one big button on screen, which activates scanner and after scanning, this barcode will be displayed on screen.

Can you give me advice, how to achieve these behavior?

Thank you very much for answer

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are two screens which I have to implement. On first , worker is added after scanning his personal number from WorkOrder Barcode. Also he can be added also manualy. Second screen is the same, just with "removal behavior" .

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are multiple possible solution to this. Following is one way to do this:

- Have the "Scan New Member" button open an action with a new transaction and a new transaction screen.

- This screen will have just one field 'the field to scan the user id'. On that field enable "Automatically change focus to the next field" in the rules section. That will cause the form to close automatically and take you back to the screen above.

- The transaction can be of same ADD type that I referred to in response to your other question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

And this transaction screen, what type of field it should be? I need just to after pressing my own custom "Scan button" activates scanner and catch the value from it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen field type has to be "Barcode Scan" to capture the value. The transaction property can be String or Integral Number (if the barcode is all numbers).