cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the contents of excel sheet in Webdynpro java 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i want to read the contents of the Excel file in portal. I could see the links for excel file upload for NWDS 7.0 but i am facing some issues in using the same thing in NWDS 7.3. Can any one help me out in achieving the same if any one has implemented the same in NWDS 7.3.

Please find the code am using and its not working

for reading the columns : int columns = sh.get columns( )

int rows = sh.get rows( ).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

psnn24
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saphire,

if you are getting error while building the DC, You might need to paste the jxl.jar file in your work space, i.e. in the location

....\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\FRAMEWORK\sap.com\tc\ddic\runtime\facade\_comp\gen\default\public\runtime\lib\java

If you are getting runtime exception i.e ClassNotfound exception, in NWDS, open Navigator, select your project, create a folder 'lib' under WEB-INF, and paste the jxl.jar file in folder lib. Build and deploy.

Regards,

Prasanna N

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to read the contents of the excel file in webdynpro java using jxl.jar and the code which is working in NWDS 7.0 is not working in NWDS 7.3. Could you please suggest if you have a step by step tutorial to implement the jxl.jar file in NWDS 7.3

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what error you got?

no class found?

null pointer exception?