Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion regarding Message mapping while designing

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today i found something new to me while creating a simple message mapping one to one.

while i double click on  target field it open a new plat to map with source field we can't add two target field at same plate while double click , but if i drag the target field  0r fields & drop,then it allow multiple  fields on same plate as show below: can somebody  explain this behavior

?

Regards

gAgan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This kind of functionality allow you to map for example a constant value to many target fields. this will allow, when maintanance that you dont miss a field to update.

other possibility is use a common mapping logic to many target fields take a llok to the picture below.

Regards

Rodrigo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I understand Gagan's point now. In his screenshot there are one-to-one-mappings next to each other, without any relationship. This doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. This is possible by drag-and-drop of target fields. Doing so somehow binds these target fields, so whenever you double-click on one of them this mapping appears. I haven't found a way to undo this. Once the mappings are united in this way they will remain so. I found this only a minor inconvenience. I guess we just need to accept, adapt and move on.

Regards,

Jörg

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

I too had a similar mapping where I had to map two fields in target with same source field. However for one of the target fields, I had to multiply the source value by a constant, while for the other target, I had to divide by a constant. But there were lots of conversions before this multiplication/division, which was same for both the targets. So the mapping looked like:

--->Same Long logic of node functions etc.->Multiply by 100->Target1    

Source -

---->Same Long logic of node functions etc->Divide by 10-> Target2

This feature of dragging would be useful in such scenarios such that the same logic is not to be recreated again.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep,

It's a weird thing, i have the same issue in PI 7.3, all target fields showed in the flow-editor, i've been reading about this in help documentation, with no luck. May be someone clearer this to us.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it's quite a old feature and existing since PI7.1 (not sure abt PI7.0/XI3.0)...

I think this feature comes handy when u want to map common transformation output to multiple target fields.

Something like:

/---Target A

Input - SBV (Value Change) - CC  ---

\ Split By value (each value) - Target B

Thanks

Amit srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gagan,

if I understand correctly, this is WAD. Double-Click on a target field gives you the mapping to the target field. Double-Click on a source field adds it to the mapping design. If you want to map to multiple target fields in one complex graphical mapping, you need to drag&drop them into the edit pane.

It is somehow intuitive to see the mapping with a double-click on a target field, since mapping is always target-field-driven.

Regards,

Jörg