cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM - IDM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have completed configuration of HCM and IDM integration via VDS. I am unable to understand whether VDS will push the data to HCM staging area(IC) or I have to write initial load task to load data data from VDS to HCM staging area (IC)?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiman,

I just encounter the same issue. I was wandering if you could solve this, and if so, can you give me feedback??

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

We are mapping EmployeeID (HCM attribute) with MSKEYVALUE.

Is it possible to throw error (as mentioned in the original message) if EmployeeID is null?

Thanks,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiman,

Could you check the employee the job threw an error on in the HCM system? Does the employee have an employee id? If the mskeyvalue is not populated, IDM will throw an error.

The best way to not bring in null values is by setting a variant on the extraction query that only brings in people with populated employee ids.

Thanks,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, my SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID is pointing to correct ID.

Thanks,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have integrated HCM and IDM as per SAP IDM LAndscape document. I am receiving below error on execution of "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master" under HCM staging area.

Anyone has any idea regarding this error?

putNextEntry failed storingMX_PERSON

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.addEntry failed storing entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: " Entry type missing for entry:null" when validating entry

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: ToIDStore.modEntry failed updating entry 'MX_PERSON'. IDStore returned error message: "Entry does not exist" when fetching entry

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiman,

Can you cross check & confirm the identity store field of "Destination" pass in the job "Write HCM Employee to SAP Master". Is it pointing to your SAP_MASTER ?

I mean is your constant %$glb.SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID% pointing to the correct identity store ?

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiman,

Is the mskeyvalue for the user being generated correctly? How are you generating them?

Thanks,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

Thanks for your response. This is also my understanding. Do you know the VDS template to be used for this purpose? I want to confirm whether I have used the coreect one or not.

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VDS will write the entries to the Staging Id Store when it gets the LDAP push from HCM.

When setting up the VDS for HCM the Staging Id Store is the database connection you define.