cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand/Collapse node in TreeByKeyTableColumn UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a method to fill the tree hierarchy (TreeByKeyTableColumn UI element)

When I click on the triangle(or arrow) mark at the beginning of every line item, the node expands or collapses.

Additionally, whenever I click on the empty space that comes before the arrow mark, the node expands or collapses.

But, when I click anywhere after the arrow mark on the line, the node doesn't expand or collapse.

How do I enable this?

Thank you.

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The expand/collapse logic of the TreeByKeyTableColumn element only executes on click of the expand/collapse icon (or the icon's padding just to the right of the icon). If you'd like to also expand/collapse the node upon click of the node text, you'll need to use a LinkToAction instead of a TextView for the node text. Upon click of the LinkToAction, you can execute your own logic to expand/collapse the node.

Note the TreeByKeyTableColumn has an onToggle event. If you use that event to expand/collapse you can reuse the same logic for both the TreeByKeyTableColumn onToggle event and the LinkToAction onAction event.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amy,

Thank you very much and that was helpful.

While waiting for a reply to the above post, I did something as follows.

I did create a method that imports the ROW_KEY value of the TreeByKeyTableColumn UI element, when lead selection is triggered. Then, reads and sets value for the attribute EXPANDED.

I already had an event handler method to do expand and collapse. The TreeByKeyTableColumn UI element has an event 'OnSelect' and I used the event handler method here.

Then, inside the event handler I called the new method. This in fact, did the job for me. However, I'm facing a new issue now.

When I click anywhere on the line after the arrow mark, it expands and collapses just fine. Now, when I click on the arrow mark or on the space before the arrow mark, it expands, but never closes.

Now that I have some input from you, I'm going to try it and see how it responds. Thank you again.

BR,

Vijay

Answers (0)