cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System role for Project in SAP Solution Manager.

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with Solution Documentation in Solution Manager 7.1. I want to know about the "Leading System Role" for a Project.

1) Is the System role for any Project user specific? That is if I set it to "Production" than will any other user accessing the project find it in "Production" role or he will be displayed the role which he has set?

2) If it is user specific that is different for different user than can I have any way to control it? That is, if set it to "Production" then all the users accessing it will find it in "Production" and not in any other role like "Development" or QAS.

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Vishal, are you still working on Solution Documentation?

Let me know, I am also working in this domain - might be we can have  some interesting discussion on overall SolDoc?

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad Ashfaq,

I had left the project since one year but you can get in touch with Ashish Banker he has worked a lot on solution documentation.

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal

getting in touch with Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Basically there are two things, one is considered as Leading System role and the other is Navigation role.

Leading system role in Solution BASIC, and once defined, no longer modified. basically as per standard it can be your Prd system. ( default)

Navigation system roles is the real player here, This is user specific. Can be changed any number of times anytime by any person.

For example, Leading system role set as PRD system. But the USER A wants to run the business processes testing in DEV A system, then he can set the navigation role as DEV A . then he can check the Business process. same for any number of users.

You can refer here for best understanding navigation role (SV-SMG) (SAP Library - Glossary)

and also here Defining Leading System Role and Adding, Changing or Deleting Other System Roles - SAP Documentation

Thanks

Jansi

former_member118647
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

System role is a user specific setting and I dont think you can make it project specific