cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual system refresh instance ID difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

during Dual system refresh ABAP+JAVA we have restore the backup of PRD system to QTY system and ABAP system is running fine but java stack in not coming up and i have done the below configuration for java STACK.

NW7.0 RHEL5 oracle 10G

1. Reset & change the PWD of SAPSR3DB in DB & configtool

2. change the SID /Message server port /hostname and kernel/profie location in config tool for Custer,dispatcher,instance

but i see the instance ID is  coming in config tool same as PRD system but instance.properties file contains the QTY instance ID.

so please suggest me how can i change the instance ID of QTY system and make JAVA UP.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

willi_eimler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

you have to export the java stack in the source system and to import (install) it on the target system. In my reply I focus only on the export/import.

Do on the source system:

1. Make a backup of your database.

2. Make an export of the java stack.

Start the sapinst:

Enter the location you want to store the export dump

Then confirm the dialogs and do the export. After that export the configtool.

Configtool -> File->Export Data from DB

Do on the target system:

1. Install an empty system with abap and java.

2. Make a restore of the source system

3. Rename the system.

4. Make an import of the java dump.

push "cancel" button.

Enter the location of the java dump

confirm all dialogs.

After that you have to change some things in the configtool.

See OSS831812.

Then check the JCo and don't forget to reimport the profiles in the RZ11.

Best regards

Willi Eimler

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For Daul stack refresh, you need to do ABAP first and then do Java refresh using export and import.

The problem which you may face would be because of flash copy / BCV of  source system which you are trying to restore. Hence please take a copy of your DB file system  to restore for ABAP and take export of Java using sap inst and restore for JAVA.

Please understand that ABAP we are doing DB restore recovery , but JAVA is done using file system level.

Note: DB flie system for ABAP / Java is done in file system level, Hence follow the same

Regards,

Prabhakar BR

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to perform an export and import of Java stack from the source system to the target system.

The Java stack configuration is present at the file system level and also in the database and sapinst will take care of it when you perform an export and import of the Java.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually when you do a system copy of any java ore abap+java system use should use sapinst to take the export and to import the export of the java system taken using sapinst. During the import you need to restore the backup at certain point and then complete the sapinst .

After that you should login in config tool go to edit mode and .

Go to Configurations --> CTC --> Propertysheet SystemProperties

Right Click and Change

Chnage the production id.

But you have not done the import so i think you are facing the error.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol